Interested in a Titanium Rotary Run with Titanium Executive (Ra Clicky) Knurling

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the HDS upgraded Titanium Executive and would really like to add a matching Titanium Rotary to my collection with the same Knurling design. Maybe with a Samsung High Noon High CRI LED installed too.

I remember that some HDS owners thought that the previous Ra Clicky knurling was too aggressive. My bet is that those individuals are not the hard core multiple HDS light owners that will purchase Titanium HDS lights. I believe this knurling approach will be well received, in good demand, for those HDS owners with four or more HDS lights currently.

Any chance this HDS Titanium light may become a reality in the next 18 months?

Below is a great pairing:

set.jpg

My HDS upgraded Titanium Executive is lonely and needs a matching Titanium Rotary:

img-0329.jpg

Last edited:

JKolmo

Enlightened
Ohh that would be sweet! Can't guarantee my participation though[emoji37]

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on a CPF survey done in July 2018, 40.5 percent of HDS flashlight owners own 4 or more HDS flashlights. If there are 2,000 HDS flashlight owners World Wide, 810 of them have 4 or more HDS flashlights. Those 810 people would be the core target for this special run.

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The idea is cool, but I guess it would be difficuilt to find 70 people. The last Ti Rotary was at $1200 at the regular price. And I guess ther will no 70 people.

There is the open question of HDS has a machinist doing the cut knurling, not the pressed one. That is the biggest thing from what I was unterstanding when Hogo was Talking About making parts.

Interesting would also a 18650 Ti Rotary tube with the current knurling :)

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
The idea is cool, but I guess it would be difficuilt to find 70 people. The last Ti Rotary was at $1200 at the regular price. And I guess ther will no 70 people.

There is the open question of HDS has a machinist doing the cut knurling, not the pressed one. That is the biggest thing from what I was unterstanding when Hogo was Talking About making parts.

Interesting would also a 18650 Ti Rotary tube with the current knurling :)

You are probably very correct - not enough demand and the machining may not be possible anymore. Had to put the idea out there before I moved on to the current version of the Titanium rotary.

Looks like I will find my HDS Titanium Rotary High Noon when it comes up for sale or someone PM's me that they want to sell theirs... :sssh:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Titanium HDS does not have a High Noon, therefore I can not help. There is only a few High Noon Ti Rotaries if I remember correctly.

If my memory serves, I believe there are six (6) or eight (8) Titanium Rotaries with a High Noon LED.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haaah, and I have one of them[emoji3]! I just had to put that out. NFS BTW...

Now For Sale - NFS?

I imagine it will be almost impossible to purchase one of these from the original owner. I know of only one Titanium Rotary with a NLT LED that traded hands since the titanium rotaries were made.

JKolmo

Enlightened
[emoji23]

N as in "not" unfortunately. Will not part from this wonderful piece of flashlight. Fondling it as we speak.

emu124

Enlightened
I own both the Ti Rotary and the Clicky. :devil:
Since I really love the "aggressive" knurling on my Ti clicky, I was a bit dissapointed with the knurling on the Rotary.... I mean, if one can be dissapointed with a Ti Rotary at all :rolleyes:
Or in other words, i probably couldn't resist if theres a Rotary with the knurling from the clicky.... :sigh:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beryllium copper 10 year anniversary run will go in March and I have spent much time trying to get that to happen...

It was hard enough to convince Henry to do the titanium Rotary run, and I managed to talk him into BeCu. There is no way he will do another titanium run unless he has a drastically new light. I know. We have talked about it.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I passed along my new titanium rotary high noon before it even arrived. I didn't sell it for a profit, passed savings on to the new owner. Shipped it the day it arrived.

I also recently passed my sw45 titanium rotary onto a new home, that along with the al-bronze will be missed the most.

My aluminum NB4 keeps me plenty happy though and is all i really need.

Hopefully you will find someone that will be generous enough to sell to you at a reasonable cost. I would if i had one, but sadly you will be paying a marked up premium i imagine

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 titanium Rotaries have changed hands that I have seen. The last one selling for $1600.

The Ti Rotaries are really beauties. Hogo you really did something great with this light. I was waiting for this for a loooooooooooooong time. :bow::bow::bow:

I am happy to be in the Ti rotary Owner Club. It is like a "once in a lifetime" light for me. Maybe when the time come I'll burried with my Rotary together....? But at least I hope that is long long in the future, but you never know...

I was also guessing after the Ti rotary Run a lot of people were selling the Ti Clicky. But his was not happening too. I think the special material HDS lights are for the "HDS lovers". I love all my special HDS, even if my bronze does not even start getting patina ... :mecry::mecry::mecry:...it is still looking like it came yesterday from the HDS factory.

--- Edit ---
But in case this Ti Rotary "Special Knurling Edition" will ever been made, I would be in. A Ti Rotary can not have enough friends :D

Last edited: