• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD:McGizmo LS27**

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
h673dYQ.jpg

Up for grabs we have the excellent McGizmo LunaSol27 (meaning Moon and Sun in a 27mm head) in mint condition.
When this fantastic design came out, it took on the challenge of choosing flood or throw and answered, well both of course!!
With a ring of 6 Nichia 310CS led's (driven at 18ma) providing the flood and a single Cree XR-E Q4 bin (driven at 425 ma) giving you some throw, and all housed in Don's awesome 27mm head and classic piston drive body, this light was at the pinnacle of the outside the box thinking that made Don a legend in the custom flashlight world and a design that would not only be mimicked by some but would inspire others as well. It's crazy that this gem was released over 10 years ago!!

gFdjSjv.jpg

Here are some specs taken from Don's sales thread:
-2 mm thick sapphire lens
-BBM boost (18 mA) driver for Nichia ring
-GD buck/boost (425 mA) driver for Cree XR-E (default driver *)
-Titanium head, piston, sleeve, clip & clip screws
-Sterling silver wire leads joining mother and daughter boards
-Sterling silver anode bead
-H3 vial in piston top
-At 2.9 Vin, low pulls ~ 200 mA and low + high pulls ~ 800 mA
-Runtime on low is ~ 8-10 hours
-Runtime on high (High consists on both Nichias and Cree lit) is comparable to stock drive PD's; typically around 1.5 hours if I recall correctly
-The beam angel of the Nichia's is greater than the spill angle from the Cree so on high, you have a three tiered beam distribution.

This light is designed to take primary CR123's only. Although it is in mint condition, the blue trit vial in the piston, being 10+ years old now, barely glows. Other than that, it operates as it should.

Shots of all sides:
EzVz7uq.jpg

This is one of, if not my most favorite flashlight designs. I have been in love with the 27mm design since I first saw the 27L Proto way, way back and watching the evolution into this excellent concept of true, dual mode lighting was fun. It's function and practicality in real world use is quite excellent and if I did not have another, this would not be for sale since I still EDC my main one on the regular!!

Q7GmphG.jpg

SOLD McGizmo LS27 = $500.00

-Paypal only please.
-First "I'll take it" in this thread has priority.
-Paypal fees and shipping to CONUS (USPS Priority with insurance) are included in the price.
-Not interested in trades at this time.

-Thanks for looking!
-Michael.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: **FS:McGizmo LS27**

So much cool stuff for sale right now at very good prices it makes my head spin!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **FS:McGizmo LS27**

This one is now sold.

Last edited: