Which way to put battery pack in light

TeaSipper

Newly Enlightened
My Acebeam K65 has a caddy with 4x18650 and single contact on each end. It didn't matter which way you put it in it works.

If there's no polarity, how does it work? The batteries are two up and two down in the caddy.

Nano-Oil.com

Newly Enlightened
My Acebeam K65 has a caddy with 4x18650 and single contact on each end. It didn't matter which way you put it in it works.

If there's no polarity, how does it work? The batteries are two up and two down in the caddy.
can you provide a picture of both end of the caddy and also one pic of the tail end of the light ? so we can scratch our heads as you do, would be helpful

TeaSipper

Newly Enlightened
Here you go: By the way, I'm returning it as some of the functions are not working and it acts up. It's supposed to have this range of lumens - 5 - 250 - 700 - 1700 - 3500 and then in turbo - 6200>4000. I don't have 250 and the jump from 3500 to turbo only gave me 4000. The strobe runs at 6200 and it's super bright which the turbo is not.

Also last night when I ran through the functions instead of 250 lumen I got SOS instead.

Now that I took the light apart to get the pics for you I noticed a burnt smell in the head. Yep it's going back but the site hadn't responded.

Here's the pics. Note the PC boards in the caddy (SIDE A - SIDE B). :tinfoil:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if you traced the paths, you'll simply find that positive is directed in the center circle at both ends, and that negative is the outer metal at both ends. Wires in the support tubes are used to link both ends. This kind of battery caddy is pretty standard. Though, I prefer lights that don't use a caddy, and instead have slots in the body tube to fit cells properly.