Acebeam        

Thread: Hello from the San Francisco Bay Atea

Default Hello from the San Francisco Bay Atea

I'm so intimidated by the rules -- and I read them all -- I'm almost afraid to post. I'm a 63-year old widow, newly minted in poverty and living in a derelict house with no electricity and no gas heat that I have the dubious distinction of owning free and clear.

I'm a diagnosed Schizophrenic and have issues with being outside. I was attacked by two pit bulls twenty years ago and am lucky to even have a face. I'm going to be wheeled into surgery at some point in the next few weeks for a complete (right) hip replacement.

And I have G.E.R.D. so yet an entirely different surgery awaits me once I complete the extensive physical therapy necessary to "seat" my new hip. For this one I'll be going into SFSU hospital for laparoscopic surgery to repair the "fundoplication" first performed on me 26 years ago. This is the most wonderful surgery, I can't recommend it enough. You can toss your Prilosec out: it is surgically impossible to have heartburn after this little procedure. You can eat a jar of hot peppers, munch a few salted green onions and down a "5 Alarm Fire Pepperoni and Hot Chili" pizza. Wake the next day with no heartburn and repeat it as often as you like. It's amazing.

Yesterday a water pipe broke and there is now no water (so no toilet facilities). I sat down and cried. Oh I'm a mess alright.

The reason I'm here is to learn about products and innovations in that globally-recognized Holy Grail known as BATTERY TECHNOLOGY. I live in a dark old house and I need not only multiple sources of portable light, I need them in widely varying sizes and strengths. I am a reader, and it is in reading -- at night primarily -- that I quiet the storms in my troubled mind. But like many blue-eyed people I am light sensitive. So I hope to learn exactly what kind of small flashlight can best illuminate the pages of my books softly, gently -- thus to a soft, gentle night's sleep.

A friend charges my numerous solar and LI-ION battery rechargers on her AC. I'll tiptoe around the forums and read but eventually I'll risk a post or two. I have no agenda; I'm here to learn from all of you. I'm sorry this was so long, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Default Re: Hello from the San Francisco Bay Atea

A little reading and you’ll be in good shape to post your specific questions. Fear not the search bar. You’ll do just fine here, welcome to CPF.

For night time reading, nothing beats a floody headlamp or angle style light with floody beam. Also warm white light contains less blue wavelength light that suppresses melatonin and is reported to increase cancer risk when overexposed at night. The only warm white light headlamp I can think of is the Virence.com (Clemence) modded H04RC with E21A emitter. My recommendation for night time reading is to buy this H04rc with the configuration of w/ 2x2000K + 2x3000K E21A. You will have a very warm and cozy light with the highest LED light quality money can buy. Copy and paste Nichia E17A/E21A Skilhunt H04RC Group Buy into google and you will find it. The best high capacity 18650 battery you can buy for this light is the Sanyo NCR18650GA you can get from Illumn.com located in San Jose, CA.

If that cost too much, you can look into the Sofirn LT1 lantern. If you do some searching around, there are discount codes for it. It is the best portable LED lantern on the market and the 2700k HI CRI emitter would make for a good reading light. I believe it comes with batteries but if you want the largest capacity then you need to upgrade to the NCR18650GA

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    A little reading and you’ll be in good shape to post your specific questions. Fear not the search bar. You’ll do just fine here, welcome to CPF.
    Thanks nbp.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    For night time reading, nothing beats a floody headlamp or angle style light with floody beam. Also warm white light contains less blue wavelength light that suppresses melatonin and is reported to increase cancer risk when overexposed at night. The only warm white light headlamp I can think of is the Virence.com (Clemence) modded H04RC with E21A emitter. My recommendation for night time reading is to buy this H04rc with the configuration of w/ 2x2000K + 2x3000K E21A. You will have a very warm and cozy light with the highest LED light quality money can buy. Copy and paste Nichia E17A/E21A Skilhunt H04RC Group Buy into google and you will find it. The best high capacity 18650 battery you can buy for this light is the Sanyo NCR18650GA you can get from Illumn.com located in San Jose, CA.

If that cost too much, you can look into the Sofirn LT1 lantern. If you do some searching around, there are discount codes for it. It is the best portable LED lantern on the market and the 2700k HI CRI emitter would make for a good reading light. I believe it comes with batteries but if you want the largest capacity then you need to upgrade to the NCR18650GA
    Hello SKV89. Thank you for both the suggestions and the detail. Money (groan) yes well . . .

The implied rules here are meant to keep squabbles away and keep less than honest folks from trying to make money in unauthorized ways.
    Eh, there are a few other rules too like post counts not changing at certain parts of the forum but overall once you get in your first three posts things become less intimidating.

Best regards with your surgeries and quest for lighting to read by.
    John 3:16