Looking for a lamp with specific dimensions, can you help me?

buddha125

Newly Enlightened
So, I have a question for you fine folks. I am in the Canadian Forces and recently returned from exercise. I had a headlamp (Princeton Tec Byte Tactical) that I put on the loops of my hat, which was super convenient. Made me think that it would be great to have one on my Load bearing vest. Problem is, the only place to put it would be on a single MOLLE loop, mid chest. This means the light would have to have the specific dimensions as below. I have been looking but am having a heck of a time finding the nitty-gritty details I need so I figured I would turn to the experts.

Must have a 'split style' fastening so that it can be slid on and off MOLLE equipment.
Width of fastening max 1 11/16"
height of fastening min 15/16"
AAA battery preferred but open to other batteries, but preferably no external battery packs.
Red LED option, preferably an 'always on red' setting.

Really hoping someone can help me out with this one; thanks in advance!

GaiaIngram

Newly Enlightened
tactical flashlight style M300 Mini Scout Light Rail mount LED weapon light for hunting
New-tactical-flashlight-style-M300-Mini-Scout-Light-Rail-mount-LED-weapon-light-for-hunting-for.jpg_50x50.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For molle mount I bought the sidewinder 'rescue' for the available blue or green colored lenses and infrared or cool white light. 2aa fueled. The 'military' version has red, blue, IR and cool white.

Another nice option are the First Light torq and tomahawk lights. Pricey but really nice lights. Some are pretty bright too.

Oh, and you still may be able to find a Pentagon Molle at Amazon. A little bitty 1xAA light with crew on red or blue filters. About the size of a pointer finger. Pentagon is out of business but their lights show up at the big A or eBay from time to time.

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the 1xAA Fenix MC10 or MC11 work? They have both been discontinued, but can be found online with persistent searching.