Nitecore New P30?

Tony Rama

Newly Enlightened
Anybody know how new the New P30 is? Like when was it introduced? Also, can anyone say what the advantages are over the old model in terms of:

1. Light output.

2. Runtime.

3. UI

It certainly doesn't seem to have a price advantage since it seems to retail about 25% above the old P30.

Can any owners out there relate some experience with it?

Tony Rama

Newly Enlightened
Ok. Found answers on the interweb. Please ignore 1-3 above.

Would still be interested to hear of others experience with the New P30.

hsa

Enlightened
Ok, I got the light two days ago. I am not a good reviewer and have no way to test things but here are some thoughts.
Price wise, the original came without a battery, new one comes with a slightly bigger 21700 that can be charged with the supplied usb cable. The handle (body) reflects this size increase and run time is stated to be about 25% longer. When I got the package the batt. checked at 3.54 volts and took about 4 hrs to get to full charge, quite a long time. Outputs are stated to be the same as the old one. I have seen consumer testing that indicated the lumens are slightly higher than stated and candelas as much as 10% higher than stated? I don't know, I just use these lights to get my crazy Lab retreiver out at night to see the wildlife.
On the first night there was a full moon. I could put light on a hillside 400 yards away that already had 1/4 lux on it from the full moon so that is pretty good. The next night there were 4 deer at a little over 100 yards and they were easily identifiable, you could see the expression on their face, ha.
One small change is that it now has two springs for the battery, front and rear. The battery status indicator works good and matches the reading on my meter. The side mounted mode button is hard to find in the dark with gloves but the rear (on-off) button can be activated even with mittens.
The light is just what I wanted and works good for me. If you have specific questions I will try to answer them if I can. CPF member Timothybil has used one for a couple years, you may want to check his posts.
Cheers

Tony Rama

Newly Enlightened
Hey! Thank you for that. I'm travelling in India at the moment so internet is sporadic. Its a good place for using flashlights, almost essential. Limited outside lighting and power cuts. Night comes in early at around 6pm. I have a LL P7R with me which is proving to be a good all rounder. Plenty of throw for general situations and good flood for walking in the dark and indoors during power cuts. The magnetic charger is great. I've had it for faffing about with batteries. I like the idea of the P30 for the long throw, but it would be purely for pleasure purposes since I don't really need to see 600m! I will probably succumb to getting one when I get back to the UK. From what I can make out, it is a good call amongst the throwers. Not so bright that the batteries deplete too quickly or the LED dumbs down too soon. 600m for 1k lumens seems very reasonable. Its still just about coat pocket size. So seems to be about right for me.

Kuroyuki

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I am new here in CPF. Also curious about the New P30 of Nitecore. Would like to know of it is worth it to have if you have the older version? Thanks

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears to be only an incremental change from the original P30. Unless the extended run time and or the slight increase in output is something one needs, there is no real reason to choose the New P30 over the original P30