• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Is it okay to leave an Olight Warrior Pro X , or for that matter any light , charging

1Yorick

Newly Enlightened
Such as when I'm not home for the day . Or should I remove the charger immediately after the light turns green ? Will it damage the battery ? Can it be overcharged ? What if I left the charger on it for several days while it is green ? What is the best practice , please ? Thank you kindly in advance.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
There are some Olights that are designed to be left on the charging base then taken off as needed for use, that being said if the flashlight's charging circuits and batteries are all working the way they are supposed to there "should" not be any problem and most likely there will never be any safety issues. I myself would simply feel better to remove the light from the charger for a couple of reasons.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also it depends on the specific charging setup. Some go to trickle charging at the end and then cut off charging, some recommend removing from charge when done. You have to research each individually

When most chargers turn on their green light, they are charging in 4.2V CV (constant voltage) mode and the charging current has dropped below a threshold. The charger will just sit there at 4.2V and its up to the cell and its circuits to charge more or not. The cells should take care of themselves if they are of quality. If you are using junk cells -- YRMV, have fire insurance.

Note that the moment the green light pops on, the cell is still charging a tiny amount that will slowly drop to zero, it's just below some setpoint like 50 mA. You can squeeze a tiny bit more in after the light goes green, but not enough that you'd notice in use.