120v LED track light bulbs flashing! (not dimmable)

lordwillin

Newly Enlightened
Hello folks, I am very much a novice at electrical anything, but I've done some DIY wiring at an off-grid solar cabin of mine. The inverter is 120v pure sine wave, so downstream of the inverter it shouldn't be any different than regular current. I have two 120v LED track lights (mr16 base, gu5.3) set up in the kitchen. It's a very primitive arrangement. The two bulbs are in series after a simple on/off switch. My current bulbs are cheap ebay fare, and they are starting to show their age. My problem is that every bulb I've acquired to replace them with flashes when I plug it in. Not flickering but steady flashing about twice per second. The most recent was these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0761RWGQ1/?tag=cpf0b6-20 UPDATE: This is weird. So I did some more experiments. Actually if I replace both bulbs with two new ones, no light. Totally dark. If I replace one of the old bulbs with a new one, they both flash as described above. But if I replace the OTHER old bulb with a new one instead (still one old, one new, but reversed), then both stay lit just fine. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on here? I am stumped. Thanks in advance.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
While you could get away with wiring two 120v halogens in series across 120v line, two 120v LED bulbs could be a problem.
They need to be connected in parallel.

Dave

lordwillin

Newly Enlightened
While you could get away with wiring two 120v halogens in series across 120v line, two 120v LED bulbs could be a problem.
They need to be connected in parallel.

Thanks. I was thinking that would be the next thing I try.