Replacement for Crelant 7G5CS

mors

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I wonder if I could help. I bought the above Crelant a few years (about 8 I reckon), and now need a companion for it for the wife. I want something pretty much identical - it has an amazing central beam that goes for miles and then an adequate amount of spill around that for general light. This makes it ideal for night time dog walks when they go wandering 100m+ out.
I bought a Trustfire TR3T6 off amazon as I 'thought' it looked good but it's absolute garbage (and I don't think I need 3x LED's now, I just want one I think), and it's much much newer than the crelant. I've got to replace it at get something as good as my crelant. I paid about £100 for my crelant about 8yrs ago, but would like to get something for about £30 now for the wife if that's possible? I just need similar performance, nothing amazing.

Any help appreciated.

p.s
A 2-3 battery unit would be preferable if poss as the wife feels safer carrying it by herself she tells me (nevermind the 4 dogs protecting her!)

Keitho

Enlightened
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...CR123A)-Review-RUNTIMES-VIDEO-BEAMSHOTS-more!
Looks like that Crelant has a throw of 64 kcd at 860 lumens out of a 385g, 249x65mm light. The first one that jumps to mind is the Convoy C8 or C8+, which I think both have about 60kcd throw with over 1k lumens, and might be had for the neighborhood of your budget. Sorry, I'm not familiar with dealers in the UK. It will be quite a bit smaller than the Crelant, as will a lot of the newer choices in the "high output thrower" category. Something like the Wowtac A4 will be higher performing all around (more turbo output, more throw) in a smaller package, probably over your budget by a little.

Last edited:

mors

Newly Enlightened
Hi @Keitho, thanks very much that reply, very helpful. Looks like the multi-cell units aren't as common, a lot seem to be smaller single cells torches now. I'm going to give the Wowtac a go at your advice, I can get it off amazon here so if me and it can't get on at least they've got a good returns policy. Looking at some of the reviews it should be pretty good on the performance front.

Thanks