HDS Systems        

Thread: PhotonPhreaks, Your source for flashlight news and swag!

Default PhotonPhreaks, Your source for flashlight news and swag!

I recently realized I never posted about my venture here and I've been doing it for over a year already, please forgive me!

A while back, I wanted some flashlight themed stickers for my Pelican cases but other than brand specific stickers I had a hard time finding anything fun and relevant. Eventually I got frustrated enough to make my own but I needed to do a run of at least 50 to have it made so I just sold the extras on FB. Turns out, there was a huge demand and I started making different designs and was forced to launch a website to handle it. Eventually I had people asking for embroidered patches with the designs, so I made those, then T shirts, caps leather patches, PVC patches and it kinda just snowballed into a legit brand.

https://photonphreaks.com/

To keep things real, I always try to throw in a free sticker with each order, to remember how this started

On the other side of this whole thing, I realized that our community of flashlight enthusiasts is growing fast, yet also changing. People are coming in to the family primarily as collectors or EDC enthusiasts first, flashlight collectors second (this forum excepted) so I wanted to share the love and knowledge of flashlights many of us have and expose everyone to it. I started the Phreaky Briefing, which is an email newsletter that has short bullet points of the relevant news in our world, not everyone has the time to comb through all the different forums and social media sites. In addition to the Briefing, I also launched the Flashlight News section on the site with slightly longer articles and I hope to also have more types of content there, including blog posts and editorials. The content side of things quickly became too much for me to handle alone so I brought on Zeroair, a well respected flashlight reviewer, who helps and writes much of the content right now.

I hope you guys enjoy and find value in what we're providing and all comments, questions or suggestions are welcome!
    Spread the Light!

Last edited by Ozythemandias; 02-11-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Default Re: PhotonPhreaks, Your source for flashlight news and swag!

Cheers Ozy, been meaning to place an order for some of your latest patches. Regardless love your work, every time I wear one of the shirts or rock one of the patches I cross my fingers hoping someone spots it! My RedDevil has been on my Rush 72 for over a year now, and my phreaky voodoo guards the Sigma and Gizmo section of my collection. I love that we have a place to sorta get our phreak phlag phlyin!
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

List of my lights!

Neat, I love stickers! I’ll have to check it out. Thanks!

Very cool Ozy, looks great!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Cheers Ozy, been meaning to place an order for some of your latest patches. Regardless love your work, every time I wear one of the shirts or rock one of the patches I cross my fingers hoping someone spots it! My RedDevil has been on my Rush 72 for over a year now, and my phreaky voodoo guards the Sigma and Gizmo section of my collection. I love that we have a place to sorta get our phreak phlag phlyin!
    Love to hear that, you've been a supporter since the beginning, thank you!

Pupper Patch just time to be your isolation buddy. Stay safe everyone!

https://photonphreaks.com/products/p...31956352925792

Forgot about posting updates here!

Well, I released a couple more products, the most fun one is my PPE Phreaks sticker set:

You can see the rest of the stuff here, https://photonphreaks.com/collection...ted-descending

Don't forget to sign up for the Briefings, especially if you're not on the various social media sites, its a valuable way to keep up to speed. You can read past issues here: https://photonphreaks.com/pages/phreaky-briefing but that page is usually one Briefing behind the latest one so be sure to add your email.

I made glowy rings out of TurboGlow that replace the Carclo triple optic and act as a spacer to convert your light to a mule

https://photonphreaks.com/products/f...ts-and-torches

Oh now that is neat! Great work!