Smallest light using the new SBT 90 gen 2 emitter?

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Looking at Vinh's stats of the stock Acebeam K75 he tests 4,800 Lumens and 1.55 million cd with a 5" head.

I'd like both a smaller light also with a floodier beam (though still in the thrower category) and was wondering if a 2.5"-3" head size could get #'s close to 4,000 lumens and 5-800Kcd?

Any smaller lights with the gen 2 SBT 90?
If not, is that because it would be too difficult to do?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ace beam k30gt and Nightwatch ni40 are smaller sbt90 gen 2 lights, they are fairly new so I don't know much about them. AceBeam makes great lights so I'd lean that way

HP Trinh

Newly Enlightened
Looking at Vinh's stats of the stock Acebeam K75 he tests 4,800 Lumens and 1.55 million cd with a 5" head.

I'd like both a smaller light also with a floodier beam (though still in the thrower category) and was wondering if a 2.5"-3" head size could get #'s close to 4,000 lumens and 5-800Kcd?

Any smaller lights with the gen 2 SBT 90?
If not, is that because it would be too difficult to do?
you can use a host like C8 if you want,i also doing a C8+ mod sbt 90.2,but need cut reflector

Patriot

Flashaholic
A 3" head could certainly get you to 500+Kcd with SBT90G2 and generally speaking, the head size won't effect the lumen output very much unless something very unconventional were going on.

As Hero already mentioned, the K30GT is a great pick and a little powerhouse. Everyone has their own subjective idea when they're referring to flood so it's hard to know exactly what a person has in mind when they want a "floodier beam (though still in the thrower category)" since these are somewhat opposed. In any case, the K30GT (I have Vinh's version) is a very throwy light for something with a 57mm head. It really sets a new standard for medium size, reflectored throw lights at 4850L and 330Kcd. The fact that it's powered by 3x18650's helps to minimize voltage sag a bit as compared to some smaller yet, single cell lights that Vinh is already selling. It also has a decent amount of thermal mass when compared to some smaller SBT90G2 lights, as well. Lastly, the spill light is pretty decent and without artifacts and the hot spot is larger and more usable than the hotspot of a T27. I call the K30GTvn a T27 on steroids because it's 275% more lumen output, 200% larger hotspot (by surface area), better color temperature, better switch and better balance for hand carry, plus a carry handle option.

VV3czhg.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Also, the stock K65GT is listed as 707Kcd and 6500L. I suspect those lumens are a bit inflated but the throw is probably accurate.

EDIT Acebeam lists it as a 57mm head diameter on page 1 but it's actually a 90mm head, so the reflector is close to 3" I think they must have accidentally listed the head size for the K30GT.

Last edited:

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 3" head could certainly get you to 500+Kcd with SBT90G2 and generally speaking, the head size won't effect the lumen output very much unless something very unconventional were going on.

As Hero already mentioned, the K30GT is a great pick and a little powerhouse. Everyone has their own subjective idea when they're referring to flood so it's hard to know exactly what a person has in mind when they want a "floodier beam (though still in the thrower category)" since these are somewhat opposed. In any case, the K30GT (I have Vinh's version) is a very throwy light for something with a 57mm head. It really sets a new standard for medium size, reflectored throw lights at 4850L and 330Kcd. The fact that it's powered by 3x18650's helps to minimize voltage sag a bit as compared to some smaller yet, single cell lights that Vinh is already selling. It also has a decent amount of thermal mass when compared to some smaller SBT90G2 lights, as well. Lastly, the spill light is pretty decent and without artifacts and the hot spot is larger and more usable than the hotspot of a T27. I call the K30GTvn a T27 on steroids because it's 275% more lumen output, 200% larger hotspot (by surface area), better color temperature, better switch and better balance for hand carry, plus a carry handle option.

VV3czhg.jpg
Second from the right, is that a micro red Dot?
If not, do you mind explaining to me the function of it.
Thank you

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Also, the stock K65GT is listed as 707Kcd and 6500L. I suspect those lumens are a bit inflated but the throw is probably accurate.

EDIT Acebeam lists it as a 57mm head diameter on page 1 but it's actually a 90mm head, so the reflector is close to 3" I think they must have accidentally listed the head size for the K30GT.

90mm is more like 3.5"..........

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened

Thanks Patriot! I noticed that also and was confused by Acebeams size specs....