Imalent        
Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Default Re: Coronavirus

They are "authentic pro" Gary. A new release.
    They also have a solid black version.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    ^ So that's a rear shot of the folding heel.. Very Cool!

Ven, is your 219b coming from Illumin supply? How long u been waiting?
    Hi Gary, hope your good. It was ordered a while back, maybe Feb, early Feb time. I have spoke to Craig, maybe 2 weeks or so back. He was about ready to send off some LEDs to Gene. So not sure when, or where up to. Obviously now with the present circumstances, i wont be holding my breath for a spring delivery.

Flashaholic*

Ven, all good here so far. Covid19 cases are growing daily in my area, from 2 cases to 8 over night. Last report was 14 people tested positive today.

I am hopeful Craig and his family is safe. As I remember reading his last FB posts he seemed to be on top of keeping his shop sterile. San Jose area is a hot spot for the virus, and his shop is right in the epicenter

We all pray by late Spring we've seen the worse of this crummy virus!

Flashaholic*

Byk, Like the material, stealth checkers.. I checked them out online Vans. As soon as things get back to normal I'll be ordering a pair 👍

Spent the past couple days building a disinfection box for my buddies girlfriend that is a doctor. They are having them reuse their masks so I built this box so she can disinfect them when needed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kestrel; 03-29-2020 at 07:30 AM. Reason: oversize pic deleted
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Ven, all good here so far. Covid19 cases are growing daily in my area, from 2 cases to 8 over night. Last report was 14 people tested positive today.

I am hopeful Craig and his family is safe. As I remember reading his last FB posts he seemed to be on top of keeping his shop sterile. San Jose area is a hot spot for the virus, and his shop is right in the epicenter

We all pray by late Spring we've seen the worse of this crummy virus!
    Lest we need to remind ourselves that - people are stupid!
    2-8-16-32-64-128-256-512-1024-2048....

People need to know that if it takes 3 days to 15 days to show symptoms and another to get the test, and another 3 days to 5 days to get results, if everybody showed symptoms in just three days, we are already 7 days behind the curve! That means if there were two, there are 510 to 2048 not yet reported!

I don't want to be negative, but if you have someone crowding your space make sure you tell them to "Back OFF!"
    Fortunately I'm in the suburbs, and can shop during senior's hours, and as a group we have been respectful of maintaining our distance. If I were in a situation where people were standing in line and didn't maintain discipline, I would immediately take control and have people space out.

That's me.
    Poppy.
    PS... I have washed my hands more this week than I have in the previous two months.

ven keep up the vigilance.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Spent the past couple days building a disinfection box for my buddies girlfriend that is a doctor. They are having them reuse their masks so I built this box so she can disinfect them when needed.

trailhunter,
    that is awesume.
    can you leave a spec sheet?
    Did you do research to determine how much light was needed, and how long it needs to run?
    OR just put it together and hope that it is enough? I am sure that anything is better than nothing.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 03-29-2020 at 07:31 AM. Reason: oversize pic deleted

Flashaholic*

Hey Poppy

I can shop those ridiculous grocery store hours (6-8am) for 65-up old farts.. During my last early shopping session it was a 70yr old gal who damn near knocked me on my a$$ to get 10lb bag of potatoes. My old skool Vans almost left a permanent impression in her tail.
    It is sometimes hard to keep a safe distance while in the produce isle. Tho, i can still run pretty fast for an old dude!

WOW! You got me thinking.

Dentists use an autoclave to sterilize.

autoclave wikipedia
    Many autoclaves are used to sterilize equipment and supplies by subjecting them to pressurized saturated steam at 121 °C (250 °F) for around 15–20 minutes depending on the size of the load and the contents The autoclave was invented by Charles Chamberland in 1884, although a precursor known as the steam digester was ...

pressure cooker

250 °F

In a sealed pressure cooker, the boiling point of water increases as the pressure rises, resulting in superheated water. At a pressure of 1 bar or ~15 psi (pounds per square inch) above the existing atmospheric pressure, water in a pressure cooker can reach a temperature of up to 121 °C (250 °F).

Awesome Trail Hunter!! Bravo!!

A couple years back one of my dogs needed a bionic knee so I built a handicap ramp to rehab him. I was furloughed so I had the time. The vet said his other one would give out someday. Well, yesterday was that day. The ramp was one of those things on my to do list to take down. Glad I hadn't yet. Today I overlaid the old deck with new plywood as the other had rotted. It was great weather for it.

Lots of families were out taking advantage of it. All practicing their social distancing.

Hey Poppy

I can shop those ridiculous grocery store hours (6-8am) for 65-up old farts.. During my last early shopping session it was a 70yr old gal who damn near knocked me on my a$$ to get 10lb bag of potatoes. My old skool Vans almost left a permanent impression in her tail.
    It is sometimes hard to keep a safe distance while in the produce isle. Tho, i can still run pretty fast for an old dude!
    And there you go proving my point.... people are stupid!

Something like... "Hey BITCH... back off" might get her attention" maybe the low numbers in your area hasn't brought urgency into the mind set yet. By time it does it may be too late, so IMO anything you can do to increase the rate of compliance will be for the good.

I have a quick story.
    A friend of mine went to a walmart or K-mart to get a car battery with his friend who needed one. While standing in line the woman in front of him was dickering about some coupons, and she was taking an excessive amount of time. The guy in-line behind my friend, agitatedly asked, "how much are we talking about? ... I'll pay the difference!" My friend turned and said to him... "No it's alright they almost have it worked out." To which the other guy responded... "Look, I'm in Anger Management, and I'm about to loose it!"

Very quickly the issue was resolved.

So if you have to act outside your norm to stay safe, and to speed the process of others maintaining safety, it might be something to consider.

And now a little humor
    How Rednecks prepare for the corona virus
    Last edited by Poppy; 03-28-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Flashaholic*

Coronavirus boredom. I found a p60 module with YC-3 on it in a parts bin and am running it in a 2xaa host with some energizer nimh cells. (I didn’t even think it would work.) I’ll never use it for anything so why not. It gives off a small amount of light and has a nice warm candle like tint. What’s not to love.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

I would not take WHO as a last word on anything
    Definitely not, look how long those bone heads dragged their feet on labeling this a pandemic. A high price will be paid for that unfortunately...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Does anyone else think that the death rate might be more than what we are being told? I've heard 1% a lot and I've heard 3.4% from the WHO based on China's numbers. However, it is coming out that there are a lot more urns of dead people's ashes than match up to China's numbers. I heard that 21 million Chinese phone numbers have been suddenly shut off (plans cancelled). Looking at the current numbers, which include the numbers given from China (not that those numbers can be trusted), at this moment, we have 142,183 people who recovered and 30,879 deaths worldwide. That puts the death rate at over 21.71%. Granted, there is no perfect way to calculate the mortality rate but I think calculating it based only on those with an outcome gets us the closest to the real number. You can't compare those that just got sick to those who died as an unknown percentage of those that just got sick will die. The time lag throws off the calculations. Am I missing something, or is the death rate really that high?

Here are some corona virus parody songs to get you through this quarantine a little easier:
    U can't touch this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbe_aoaw0y4
    My Sharona: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2cFN2iC9u8
    Hey there,Delilah: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6pCgE4Gocbo
    Kokomo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0uDTs-9fq00
    I think we're alone now: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rmArAxep2Co
    Bohemian Rhapsody: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K0HLUa4zTXQ

People get really creative when they have nothing better to do. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Hooked on Fenix; 03-29-2020 at 01:10 AM.

unedited vimeo from the same video below

NYC FRONT LINES DOCTOR EXPLAINS HOW EASY IT IS TO NOT GET INFECTED AND STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 [ 3-24-20 ]

Dr. Dave Price of Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City shares CRUCIAL information on how we can stop the spread and get back to normal, well, kinda normal. His experience with the virus and people infected for the last 3 months has given him great confidence on how not to get infected. Rules to protect yourself and family. It's a must watch! Recorded March 22

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    Does anyone else think that the death rate might be more than what we are being told?

No evidence or proof, so i am typing what i believe/think. I would guess about 10 x that amount easy. We get all the negative numbers, but not the recovering. Most people will get mild symptoms, most will recover at home with no test, no way of actually knowing they have or have had it.

If i get symptoms or family member, i am to isolate myself for 2 weeks(is this long enough? there have been reports of it lying dormant for longer....who knows exactly).

A high %(almost all but very few) have underling health conditions.
    A high % is over 70 yrs old(Italy for example have a high % of older population)
    Around 60-70% of the deaths are male, it effects males more than females.

Thats pretty much what info i have found, this may change of course.

I watch the news , 15min to catch up, then i focus on other stuff. We can analyse, look at figures all we want, but the news reports miss out the fully recovered. We can only go off who has been tested and who is recorded. Right now that is a small %. Once tests become more available, this will be stopped sooner.

If i could test, i can find out and isolate. But i can not test right now, even though i could have it. I go to work, temp is 35.9 under the arm(yes tested that myself)follow distancing and temp checks. i am fine for a week, maybe 2. Then my temp rises, now my temp is 38.4, feeling a little rough. How many people could i have infected, distancing will sure reduce that. But if i can test, it takes that risk or reduces it greatly.

So act as if your infected, not uninfected. Act as if you dont want to spread the virus to others. If everyone acted this way, maybe this would help limit the spread till we can test and know more. Just thoughts of course.

Stay safe CPF

Trailhunter, that is awesome!!!! you rock

Here's proof why men get it more Ven.
    https://www.facebook.com/WistfulMemo...=e&d=n&sfns=mo

Mrs Fixer and I went to a hardware store for a sheet of plywood and in general it seemed pretty normal. People buying 300 feet of 8" pipe, or 67 2x4's or 45 gallons of paint. Huh? Do they know something I don't? Should I buy 6 more boxes of nails while they still have nails?
    I did buy another pair of Mechanix fast fit gloves because 8 pairs of those is not enough.

Looking at the closed shopping mall was sureal. I saw some mall cops chatting to one another in their Nissan pickup trucks while social distancing, so they're still working. Cool. Then I thought about all those out of work waiters and waitresses who would typically have achey feet every evening and wondered how many are doing deliveries. It struck me as odd to see some places like Red Lobster not even open. Steak joints are set up where you order online and go pick it up. They were jamming pretty good along with your typical burger joints. A place called Jimmy Johns had police outside keeping the crowd under control. Jimmy Johns? Really? C'mon they aint all that. We chuckled and decided "must be two for one night".

I looked at the death clock this morning and yeah, USA has a commanding lead in total cases. Make America Great Again? Yeah we're great at spreading this virus that is certain. But the number in the dead column shows that it could be a younger, less prone to die section spiking the cases. So I looked at my state's death clock page and sure enough 20-29 aged people have become the top group to have it. My age 50-59 was in the lead. And men had a commanding lead until yesterday when women suddenly spiked to with closing distance of men. Nurses? Teachers? Grocery clerks perhaps?

Too soon to tell. Now the reason the "recovered" numbers aren't climbing yet is because "recovered" is when no more virus is detected in testing. On average that is 10 days to up to 6 weeks in some before that happens. About ten days for mild cases, up to 6 weeks for the severe cases. It'll be mid to late April, but those numbers will rise drastically in a few weeks. My state for example shows 2 recovered. That was the first two to get it back in late February. But the vast majority are recover-ing. They're just not showing negative yet. Studies show that within 5 days of symptons gone they cannot "grow" new virus from samples but nobody wants to take the chance with this one that one person may still be contagious after days 6,7 etc so they deem you recovered when none shows up in follow tests (twice).

Hang in there folks. Right now the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. So be careful. But most if not all will get through this. And time will probably show around a 1.4% death rate across the globe when this thing is over.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 03-29-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Here's proof why men get it more Ven.
    https://www.facebook.com/WistfulMemo...=e&d=n&sfns=mo

Love it!

Someone mentioned postal service "rain sleet or snow". Well you can add pandemic to the list. I had a package stuck in Newark NJ for a week but it has arrived at my local post office as of last night. I speculate that air mail has been affected and that it moved by truck. It's just a hat and some decals from a once popular shoe brand trying to make a go at it again. So nothing important really. Good thing it wasn't toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Someone mentioned postal service "rain sleet or snow". Well you can add pandemic to the list. I had a package stuck in Newark NJ for a week but it has arrived at my local post office as of last night. I speculate that air mail has been affected and that it moved by truck. It's just a hat and some decals from a once popular shoe brand trying to make a go at it again. So nothing important really. Good thing it wasn't toilet paper.
    Be sure to handle mail as if it were a carrier of the virus. Dont bring packages/mail in. Open them up outside and with nitrile gloves

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

I have edited a recent post to remove an oversized pic, and also edited a subsequent full quote of said pics for the same reason. But then running into the same issue a few posts later, I confess to having a little less patience & so subsequently just culled the later two posts. If members don't want to bother with making sure pics aren't oversized, and other members don't bother with removing the oversized pics from their full quote, I feel less inclined to bother with editing posts to clean things up. As a courtesy to the other members reading the thread; when quoting a post, please consider not including the pic series that was only just prior. And, good morning.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 03-29-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Good morning kestrel , I apologise in advance if any of my pics are too big. I tend to post on the Macbook and can end up looking different on phones .
    Thank you for keeping is tidy and hope your well

Cheers

Sat chilling watching some Netflix, it’s almost as if nothing has changed here! Stay safe .

If you see a yellow box at the top of the pic that means it was oversized. On my iPhone I use "ResizePhoto" app and have my host site set up to max out at 800 res.

Yet every so often I see a yellow box when I forgot to shrink it in the photo resize.

I'd show a screen shot of the app but my favorite host site is down for maintenance. The icon is a square with an orange arrow in all four corners and a daisy in the middle. Quick, nimble app that is easy to use.

The weekly grocery trip was fairly uneventful. I saw my twin brother and his wife both in hoarde mode. I was like "good gosh dude, you just now stocking up?" He sheepishly said "yeah". They were almost out of my favorite pre-cooked turkey sausage patties. I bought a spare. There were three boxes left but I didn't want to be "that guy" buying what remained.

But folks, if you are a vegan, lactose intolorant or gluten free, those shelves were loaded. And peanuts were gone too. I suppose in pandemics suddenly those allergies don't count? They had plenty of milk, but no skim. Well, except lactose free skim. I looked the carton over good and it says it's real cow milk so I grabbed one so I can eat Cheerios instead of cake for dessert this week. Speaking of cereal, again there were all kinds of those nuts and twigs cereals. But if you want frosted flakes or Count Chocula, sorry pal. My twin brother bought the last of that stuff.

Bird was pretty scarce, so was pig, but there was plenty of cow meat. I suppose the nearest farms to me are mostly cow farms. And Red Baron pizzas? Forget it. You'll probably find toilet paper first. Yup folks are still hoarding that stuff too. But there was plenty of Vienna sausage, which had been gone the last few weeks.

Ven, I will treat that package from Newark New Jersey like it has anthrax on the outside and ebola on the inside.

Flashaholic*

Here´s an article from German red cross, showing a prototype run of a plasma decon device for decontamination of used protective gear such as shields, masks, gloves or whole suits.

All you need to run it is electrical power and just air as process gas.

Cheers

RBR

that advice was from mr trailhunter. However any packages i have received, opened. Hands have been washed after .......just in case!

Cant say i have noticed the box on posting pics since using imgur, i had noticed in past it resized automatically(dont think it use to years back.......maybe something new?). i pic the large, not huge thumbnail.

I have had a full on chill day today, plenty of rest and chill time(again). Good news regarding PPE supplies in the UK, thats all getting to front line heroes.

In the UK we have been informed its going last 3-6 months lock down. Then 3 weekly reviews(every 3 weeks review due to that being the potential time of infection to death).

Possible plans a foot to test the whole nation, of course priority will be with front line.

So it looks realistically like a 6 month lockdown, thats if people can behave. Lock down can end up being more severe as well..............

Stay safe and enjoy that turkey sausage patty in good health.

Police were called and dispersed a karaoke party, 25 adults and children on Saturday night in Derbyshire ...........there is stupid, and there is STUPID!

All i know is they had words/ warnings with the owner.............

Is there hope out there? Its a good job we dont depend on these idiots to get through this.

Flashaholic*

Byk, I received a parcel from Benton Harbor, CT, arrived Tuesday this week.. Ordered before Covid19 SHTF.. After pushing it into garage with my foot I thoroughly sprayed box with Lysol disinfectant. After four days I opened box lid, and even then I backed off til later that day before pulling out my new US Jack stands. Better safe than sorry!

KG, at my local grocery stores clorox wipes, Lysol etc is all gone but……disinfecting toilet bowl cleaner is plentiful. What does it disinfect with you ask? Cloroooooooox. I just poured a bottle of that into an empty Windex bottle and viola……
    Now the package from New Jersey will get sprayed with hydrogen peroxide. That kills covid-19 too.

Don't have empty Windex bottles hanging around? Pour it into an empty vessel you were going to toss anyway and put it back when the coast is clear. Suddenly you have an empty Windex bottle. At my work a fellow said his company requires him to spritz steering wheels and seats with disinfectant. His wife made 5 gallons but he said stores are out of spray bottles. I reached into a box in my truck and pulled out my window cleaner. I poured that into an empty Gatorade bottle and handed him the empty spray bottle. Next day everybody on the construction site was spritzing stuff using window cleaner bottles. Bykfixer mod, pandemic style……

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast