HDS Systems        
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    HoF our constitution inverted powers for the reasons you cite.

Never blindly trust your government.

My governor created a stay at home order that allows folks to leave home to go to court but closed courts due to the more than 10 people in one location rule.
    Citizen pulled over: "well officer I'm out of my house heading to court"
    Officer: "court is closed, go back home"
    Citizen: "can I go to the liquor store?"
    Officer: yup, because that is an essential".
    This will be a conversation for later once the courts open back up. Someone is bound to ask a judge why booze and pot are essential and the gun shops and courts are not. However, to avoid going down that rabbit hole and getting this thread closed, let's leave it at that and save that conversation for the Underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    This will be a conversation for later once the courts open back up. Someone is bound to ask a judge why booze and pot are essential and the gun shops and courts are not. However, to avoid going down that rabbit hole and getting this thread closed, let's leave it at that and save that conversation for the Underground.
    Personally don't care but the formers could be delivered where the latter two cannot, maybe that's the difference, idk.

Guess what?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...avirus-crisis/
    We were all warned 60+ days ago.
    John 3:16

Are certain states really prohibiting you from driving around? I think there is some confusion from the actual wording "stay at home". Sure, if you STAY there 100% you're fine. But Walking your dog around the block is certainly fine. But how about 1/4 mile away? 1/2 mile? Getting in your car to walk him at the park 8mi away?

Over here in Michigan and Indiana locking yourself inside doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, the county and state is encouraging going for a hike in the woods, ride bikes, whatever. All while keeping distance and not gathering at places like pavilions, restrooms and campgrounds of course (which have been officially closed). I even got an email from the DNR talking about going fishing and make sure you have your 2020 license. Yet some people here take the "stay at home" literally...like, running and looking out for the schutzstaffel while going to the mailbox because the don't have papers.
    GOOD TINT!

What most states are after markr is folks not hang out in public places in crowds. Especially indoors where viruses tend to survive better than outdoors. Climate control systems are great inventions for us humans but viruses dig it too.

Are some states actually enacting marshall law? I haven't heard of any. But what we are seeing is law officers being dispatched to crowds. Meanwhile the vast majority are just trying to do what was reccomended by the cdc a few weeks ago in order to flatten the curve.

Police have been using drones in the UK, to disperse/keep an eye on! They have been told off to, for going too far with the use.

My 1st day back tomorrow after 2 weeks off, looking forward to the quiet roads/motorway.

Little monty ........Always look on the bright side of life......

Flashaholic*

LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva this morning reopened local gun shops ~ Source CNN!

Regardless of our Gubbeners order, gun shops never closed up in my County

Wow chris Cuomo infected.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Iíve already posted above the silliness that is the stay-at-home orders from both V and MD. Folks really need to read those actual executive orders.

But this:

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Citizen pulled over: "well officer I'm out of my house heading to court"
    Officer: "court is closed, go back home"
    Citizen: "can I go to the liquor store?"
    Officer: yup, because that is an essential".
    Iím sure you just randomly picked the ABC example as something tongue in cheek, but the ABC store being open really is essential. Alcohol withdrawal for a true alcoholic is a potential disaster waiting to happen. Plenty of folks have ended up hospitalized or even died trying to stop their addiction themselves.

Again, I go back to my call for people to logically decide what is ďessentialĒ and what is not because the governorís of those two states did the most basic of deciding...

I originally posted this over in the music thread, but it might be more helpful here; a prolific recording artist who is locked down has started a "Quarantine Project" to provide relief for those similarly stuck at home - I'd strongly recommend reviewing this video before posting here:

I was doing tongue and cheek wac. Glad you caught that.

I read the Ralphs decree in vuh-jin-yuh. Not much change really, just enforeceable now. Closing the beaches could have been done by the localities, but as the constitution dictates, the state stepped in and did it, perhaps because localities couldn't handle it?

Too funny Gary.

Congratz Ven. Gotta pay for all those tools, watches and those storm trooper trainers.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 03-31-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Wow chris Cuomo infected.
    Yeah that's too bad. They're in Atlanta, right? He probably comes into contact with a gazillion people every day.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Yeah that's too bad. They're in Atlanta, right? He probably comes into contact with a gazillion people every day.
    NY

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Flashaholic*

Iím in Ohio. The governor ordered a stay at home unless an essential service, with many caveats. I have read through it and itís very vague.
    I still see landscapers out fertilizing residential lawns and cleaning up leaves.
    Myself, I am a contractor, I have been primarily installing custom closets for one particular company. I am staying at home. The company I contract to is still pushing for us to install.
    They are saying that the way the guidelines are written, we can still go out (even though at times we can be in two or three homes per day).
    The State is relying on people exercising common sense which there is about as much of a shortage of as PPE.

Can and Should are very different...
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    As it says in the post, it's merely two different approaches, both are required to find solutions to problems; BB made the executive decision to declare me inferior for not being his kind, I categorized that as a personal attack, Nbp handled it. My intent is to continue posting facts and information as I have from the start, but I'm finding other people are reacting very poorly to the situation.
    Emphasis mine.

Facts and information are always welcome as long as they are accurate with valid reference. How other people are reacting is on them.. not you. And it is most definitely not up to you to get into a cat-pissing fight trying to establish superiority. As a matter of fact it's not up to ANYONE to go there.

There is so much information out there right now and it changes almost hourly. Let's all try to remember that and try not to be part of the problem of spreading misinformation and most of all panic. People are scared... as they should be! But it doesn't have to be to the point where we are afraid to continue living. Believe it or not, life does go on. It's just a little bit different right now. And we adjust. If others want to be stupid... Darwinism. Don't be part of it. Just be calm... and be smart. It's really not that hard.

AND... be kind. This isn't a contest to establish superiority over anyone. This forum is not for anyone to declare "HA! I'm right, you're wrong!" Get over it. Take it somewhere else. We are all here to support each other and help each other. Let's do that... and leave the egos at the door please.

Stay well my friends... and be safe and smart...

Quote Originally Posted by jabe1 View Post
    Iím in Ohio. The governor ordered a stay at home unless an essential service, with many caveats. I have read through it and itís very vague.
    That's likely the problem. I guess they can't really spell it out word for word and list every business. I had an appraiser come to my house today...was he covered in germs? He touched light switches and door knobs. May not be "essential" but...sort of in my mind.

Bottom line is, you can go out and follow the guidelines. Until things get really crazy...you'll know what that happens!

That landscaping crew is a good example. Just because they're not on an "essential" list doesn't mean they have to shut down and twiddle their thumbs at home. They're outside, probably not dealing with the public, and hopefully following the guidelines.
    GOOD TINT!

The virus has certainly pulled the curtain back from late-night television and revealed how talentless the hosts are.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

All, make sure your taking your vitamins and exercising and when possible getting some sun outside or taking vitamin d supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    All, make sure your taking your vitamins and exercising and when possible getting some sun outside or taking vitamin d supplements.
    C, D; and are some saying Zinc as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    C, D; and are some saying Zinc as well ?
    Yep, C and D and Zinc too, 15-30mg. I do 15mg a day for a low dose.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    That's likely the problem. I guess they can't really spell it out word for word and list every business. I had an appraiser come to my house today...was he covered in germs? He touched light switches and door knobs. May not be "essential" but...sort of in my mind.

Bottom line is, you can go out and follow the guidelines. Until things get really crazy...you'll know what that happens!

That landscaping crew is a good example. Just because they're not on an "essential" list doesn't mean they have to shut down and twiddle their thumbs at home. They're outside, probably not dealing with the public, and hopefully following the guidelines.

The problem with the landscapers is that there are two or three of them in a truck cab. Then they go about their other business after work. If one gets sick at the store or wherever, the others get it and spread it to their respective families and it continues.
    There are also varying opinions out there as to how long this can hang in the air, or whether it can move just on moisture in your breath, even when not coughing or sneezing.
    In the south Asian nations, they wear face masks out of caution not just for themselves, but for the safety of others also.
    Last edited by jabe1; 03-31-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

So, to mask or not to mask? I've read conflicting opinions. Any thoughts?
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    It will help keep you safe because you wonít be breathing in others large respiratory droplets and it also helps keep you from touching your face. Only downfall is they lose integrity once they get wet. I have a cloth mask that I can insert my own cotton filters into. I can send a picture if any of you want to make your own.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Mask.

Learn from China.

Heard some discussion earlier today that the CDC may be changing their recommendations ... so, currently under review.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Well CG, you can always do the cowboy bank robber thing. A fellow who I see everyday was wearing a bandana on his face. He joked he was going to the bank to make a withdrawl but had forgotten his 6 shooter. I laughed and said "dude, you can rob a bank with a booger right now".

I'd like to steer the conversation to a thank you direction. Hopefully others will join in.
    - To start, thanks Greta and the staff for keeping this place going and allowing this lively discussion to proceed.
    - Thanks to delivery people. Truckers, mail carriers, the Amazon driver, the people keeping packages moving right now.
    - Thanks food suppliers, whether restaraunt workers, grocery clerks, pizza deliveries, farmers, the people making sure we still have food to eat.
    - Thanks to first responders. Police, ems, fire, dispatchers, security, the people keeping us safe.
    - Thanks to folks in the medical proffesion. Drug stores, hospitals, doctors offices, the folks putting themselves out front right now.
    - Thanks to scientists trying to solve this one while also coming up with solutions for the next one.
    - Thanks to geeks for keeping the internet running, for fixing broken stuff, for solving issues.
    - Thanks to pet industry folks for keeping our friends taken care of.
    - Thanks to makes those delicious cakes I keep eating, my dentist thanks you as well mam.
    - Thanks to the banking industry for helping with cash flow right now.

I'm sure I left out a lot of heroes so please, others take it from here.

If I had a mask, I'd give it to an older person; I don't know that all these masks on younger folk are a good look..

In other news, now there's a magnitude 6.5 earthquake in Idaho:

I miss pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I miss pizza.
    lol, the post you deleted was me showing how easy it was to get pizza - not only are the shoppes still open, but it's the easiest order-out food you can get right now. Get you some..

- Thanks to the folks working extra hard in food processing plants since suddenly vegan food doesn't seem as popular as cow, bird or pig right now.
    - Thanks to the garbage collectors and sanitation workers.
    - Thanks to the factory workers.
    - Thanks to whomever broke the bosses computer, thus preventing more dynamic approaches to avoid being sued by employees who end up getting sick. Three days in a row with no new policies. Yay!!
    - Thanks to the citizens of the planet doing their part to flatten the curve.
    - Thanks to the army corp of engineers, national guard units and soldiers serving their country.ÖÖ

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast