ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 33 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Default Coronavirus

Howse everyone holding up?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Default Re: Coronavirus

Had a cold last week, that was a fun scare. Other than that, I don't drink Coronas..

I switched to frosty Jagermeister with its 56 herbs and botanicals to keep healthy. So far so good.

Recently, I've been enjoying me some LANDSHARK premium lager. It's from St. Louis, MO ........ Hope it's safe. Fins up!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Ok so far, anyone feeling a little rough or see anyone feeling same, should keep at least 3ft away from others is best option it seems. Washing hands regular and for example, not touching public handles then touching mouth etc. Face masks are useless.........well near enough useless.
    The press sure likes to scare people..........
    Stay safe all, its sure contagious but the % of fatalities to those who have caught it is not 1 in 10 like SARS. But you can only go off what is reported?!?

I have heard Corona virus is best served with lyme disease!

Default Coronavirus

Lol, okay that was a good one!

You got it Ven. Good hygiene is so important. I do get it - people are justifiably worried because relatively little is known about it and since itís new the ideal situation is to cut the head off the snake right away. However the press itís getting does kind of remind me of the Jokerís speech in The Dark Knight. It can be modified and applied in so many situations.

ďNobody panics if everything goes according to plan, even if the plan is horrifying. If I tell the press that 650,000 Americans will die this year from heart disease, no one panics, because itís all a part of the plan. But if I say one little old lady in Chicago has coronavirus, everyone loses their minds!!Ē

Yes , exactly nbp , hopefully (if the SARS expert is right in thinking) after this months peak, it will get more under control. No doubt statistically you would have more chance of being run over(no proof of this just imo). Stay safe everyone .

I've always been suspicious of that corona beerÖÖ
    John 3:16

I think it is good marketing. I haven't had a corona in years and now I have two six packs down the hatch since I found out that it was the only known cure for the virus. It is probably good for the lime industry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Lux View Post
    I have heard Corona virus is best served with lyme disease!
    LOL!!!
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Get your home-brewing equipment while it's still available: Pub worker linked to Super Spreader was told nonsense about 20 minutes of 2-meter-proximity contact required to risk infection.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Brighton.html

This photo is going viral in China.

Pun intended? You decide

Misinformation rules in China, thanks to the communists. In lots of provinces, official announcements were made, suggesting that pets can be carriers for the virus, and in some places they were ordered to be put down and other places ordered to not leave the house.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

From what I've been reading, many of the people who get really sick from this virus come down with pneumonia. While there's no vaccine for coronavirus yet, there is a pneumonia vaccine. This seems like a good way to be proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    From what I've been reading, many of the people who get really sick from this virus come down with pneumonia. While there's no vaccine for coronavirus yet, there is a pneumonia vaccine. This seems like a good way to be proactive.
    The same can be said for influenza. Technically the flu doesn't kill, it's the pneumonia that can sometime follow the flu that can kill you. I have heard that the Wuhan virus has multiple sequences of the HIV viruses genome within its RNA sequence which is said to cause an autoimmune response. Basically the body starts attacking itself causing an inflammatory response that targets the respiratory system. It is rumored that HIV meds that suppress the immune system are being uses with success to treat this virus. Personally, I am focusing keeping my immune system strong through diet and supplementation so if I do get it hopefully won't kill me. It is also interesting that up until the time of me posting this that there has been no deaths outside of Asia. I am sure this will change over time but still odd that the mortality rate is much higher within Asia specifically China. Possibly due to poor medical treatment? Some are saying that the virus has a higher mortality rate amongst certain ethnic groups. Strange stuff.
    Last edited by De-Lux; 02-13-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Anybody taking this virus more seriously yet? Itís in the U.S.

In what way? I wash my hands a ton and try not to touch my face with unclean hands or get too close to people who are coughing or sneezing but this is pretty much SOP for me to prevent colds and flu anyways. Not sure what average citizens are supposed to do to aside from practicing excellent hygiene and self quarantine. Up to 45 million Americans get the flu and up to 60k die from it annually and people donít even wash their hands when they leave public restrooms. So at 60 or so confirmed cases domestically I think weíre a long way off from people getting worried about it and taking cleanliness seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    The vaccine is only good for pneumonia caused by a bacteria, not a virus.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Looks like my 13 day Med cruise (Italy-Croatia-Greece-Monaco-France-Spain) in April probably will be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    The vaccine is only good for pneumonia caused by a bacteria, not a virus.
    Good catch, Poppy. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by SCEMan View Post
    Looks like my 13 day Med cruise (Italy-Croatia-Greece-Monaco-France-Spain) in April probably will be cancelled.
    Have you heard anything from the cruise company? Our family is going on a Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico end of April also for a friendís anniversary - I sure hope it all goes as planned.

It's getting pretty real now... waiting for the crisis management team at my company to announce something.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by LGT View Post
    Anybody taking this virus more seriously yet? Itís in the U.S.
    Gonna be serious for the stock exchange before it gets serious for people's health.

We sure are selling a lot of face masks, even after the surgeon general told everyone to stop doing that..

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Up to 45 million Americans get the flu and up to 60k die from it annually
    Common flu mortality rate is 0.1%, COVID-19 is 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post

Common flu mortality rate is 0.1%, COVID-19 is 2%.
    Yes but thatís a Pretty small sample size. Billions of people have had the flu; 85,000 have had coronavirus so there is much to learn yet. Itís possible people with mild symptoms who recovered did not report it and were not tested which would also lower that percentage.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#repro

I found the above link of close to real time numbers to be informative. 6% mortality rate as of this post.

Keep your head about you, keep good hygiene practices and avoid places that are petri dishes.
    Last edited by LeanBurn; 03-01-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

Thanks for that link, fascinating! The covid-19 info wasnít even the most interesting public health stats on that page to me.

>10% of the world population is undernourished
    ~1/3 of the world population is overweight or obese
    >10% of the world population doesnít have safe drinking water
    ~1% of the world population dies every year from smoking

Wowza...

My biggest fear is public panic and emptying store shelves as when severe weather is forecast. Combined with slowing restock from overseas, I think there will be shortages in the near future. Our own fault, but we rely so heavily on items from the far east, and practice just in time stocking. Fingers crossed that there is some containment, and we're back to normal fairly soon.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Wash hands often and donít touch your eyes, mouth or nose.

Page 1 of 33 1234567811 ... LastLast