Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
I switched to frosty Jagermeister with its 56 herbs and botanicals to keep healthy. So far so good.

ven

Flashaholic
Ok so far, anyone feeling a little rough or see anyone feeling same, should keep at least 3ft away from others is best option it seems. Washing hands regular and for example, not touching public handles then touching mouth etc. Face masks are useless.........well near enough useless.
The press sure likes to scare people..........
Stay safe all, its sure contagious but the % of fatalities to those who have caught it is not 1 in 10 like SARS. But you can only go off what is reported?!?

nbp

Flashaholic
Lol, okay that was a good one!

You got it Ven. Good hygiene is so important. I do get it - people are justifiably worried because relatively little is known about it and since it's new the ideal situation is to cut the head off the snake right away. However the press it's getting does kind of remind me of the Joker's speech in The Dark Knight. It can be modified and applied in so many situations.

"Nobody panics if everything goes according to plan, even if the plan is horrifying. If I tell the press that 650,000 Americans will die this year from heart disease, no one panics, because it's all a part of the plan. But if I say one little old lady in Chicago has coronavirus, everyone loses their minds!!"

ven

Flashaholic
Yes , exactly nbp , hopefully (if the SARS expert is right in thinking) after this months peak, it will get more under control. No doubt statistically you would have more chance of being run over(no proof of this just imo). Stay safe everyone .

Lumen83

Enlightened
I think it is good marketing. I haven't had a corona in years and now I have two six packs down the hatch since I found out that it was the only known cure for the virus. It is probably good for the lime industry as well.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This photo is going viral in China.
A343038-F-19-CC-4-CEB-A061-65-DAE66-E4-DCF.jpg

Pun intended? You decide

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Misinformation rules in China, thanks to the communists. In lots of provinces, official announcements were made, suggesting that pets can be carriers for the virus, and in some places they were ordered to be put down and other places ordered to not leave the house.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
From what I've been reading, many of the people who get really sick from this virus come down with pneumonia. While there's no vaccine for coronavirus yet, there is a pneumonia vaccine. This seems like a good way to be proactive.

De-Lux

Enlightened
From what I've been reading, many of the people who get really sick from this virus come down with pneumonia. While there's no vaccine for coronavirus yet, there is a pneumonia vaccine. This seems like a good way to be proactive.
The same can be said for influenza. Technically the flu doesn't kill, it's the pneumonia that can sometime follow the flu that can kill you. I have heard that the Wuhan virus has multiple sequences of the HIV viruses genome within its RNA sequence which is said to cause an autoimmune response. Basically the body starts attacking itself causing an inflammatory response that targets the respiratory system. It is rumored that HIV meds that suppress the immune system are being uses with success to treat this virus. Personally, I am focusing keeping my immune system strong through diet and supplementation so if I do get it hopefully won't kill me. It is also interesting that up until the time of me posting this that there has been no deaths outside of Asia. I am sure this will change over time but still odd that the mortality rate is much higher within Asia specifically China. Possibly due to poor medical treatment? Some are saying that the virus has a higher mortality rate amongst certain ethnic groups. Strange stuff.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
In what way? I wash my hands a ton and try not to touch my face with unclean hands or get too close to people who are coughing or sneezing but this is pretty much SOP for me to prevent colds and flu anyways. Not sure what average citizens are supposed to do to aside from practicing excellent hygiene and self quarantine. Up to 45 million Americans get the flu and up to 60k die from it annually and people don't even wash their hands when they leave public restrooms. So at 60 or so confirmed cases domestically I think we're a long way off from people getting worried about it and taking cleanliness seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.