Acebeam        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are the 6ps on edc+ brand new?

Default are the 6ps on edc+ brand new?

are they in their original packaging? i wouldve thought all those were sold and now only able to be purchased 2nd hand. if so 55$ isnt a bad deal to scoop it up and add a solid drop in.
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

Default Re: are the 6ps on edc+ brand new?

The 6P were made by the millions.

Now late in 016 somebody seemingly uncovered a cache of thousands. Perhaps at a military auction. They were selling for about $30 for a time shortly after SureFire announced they were not going to produce incan lights anymore. Well, they never truely announced it. They were just no longer in the SureFire catalog so some folks enquired and were told "no more incandescents" by SureFire.

Those of us here who bought those clearance priced 6P's noted by the included batterys that they seemed to be from 2009. We surmised they must have been produced for a large contract to the US military.

So yes, there are still some of those around along with some made as late as 2015.
    John 3:16

The last few I bought were off the auction site new in box for about 38 bucks apiece.

Ya I freaked out when I heard way back that the 6P was going away. Started thinking I better grab them while I could got quite a few . Lol. They were in fact made in the millions and don’t think there will be any problem getting them for at least 10 years or so. Last ones I bought were brand new and under 40 bucks. Batteries indicated they were around 10 years old.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Walmart has them online for $35 shipped not too long ago. I grabbed a couple just because...

gonna grab two or three for some dropins

A Malkoff M61NL will give out like 3x the output of the stock bulb with a 5 hour regulated run time and long decline dimming. And N is a nice tint that mimics a light bulb while being a bit whiter.
    Real popular around here for the 6P.

I REALLY am liking the Malkoff neutral. It’s a creamy white xpg2 but it also offers a nice 80 cri. Nothing earth shattering just very pleasant. Very well designed and balanced.

Was looking more towards the m61wl but leaning towards more for the neutral because of everyone's recommendations of how creamy white it is.

The W is great too.

The warm is very nice. Works best for me indoors. And it is WARM. Put it next to CW or neutral and it’s crazy.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Can’t go wrong with either. I run a m31w in my C3 and it looks almost identical to the p91 that I had in it before.

My first 6P has a WLL, which mimics to P60 pretty well.
    Later a G2 got an NL and in side by side checks I surmised the N looks like an overdriven light bulb where the W looks like a vintage (pre-xenon) light bulb.

Outdoors I prefer the N for the perceived extra brightness of my NLL in another G2. It's not any brighter in reality, but objects at a distance require a wee bit less time for my brain to ID with the cooler tint. Indoors the WLL is preferred due to less squint factor.

My MD2 hi/lo has the cool M61L.

I just looked and walmart has them online for $38. I'm tempted to get one myself, but I really don't need one...I've got so many flashlights I really can't justify getting one. In fact, somewhere I have a brand new 6P Defender still in the package I've been hanging on to for a few years...I have a 9P still in the package too along with a green G2X somewhere too.

Edit: Looking at the pic on that 6P, it actually looks like a 6P Defender without the crenelated bezel to me, so it may have a clicky tailswitch.
    Last edited by Toohotruk; 12-18-2019 at 02:27 PM.

I just ordered one for $34 shipped but instead of walmart i used the vender walmart uses and save $4 more

Nice!

You'll have to post when you get it if it's a clicky (Can't remember the number for them...Z59 maybe?), or just a regular Z41...I'm betting they used the wrong picture for it, rather than it having the clicky.

i looked at walmart.com the other night and they was out of stock unfortunetly

Quote Originally Posted by Toohotruk View Post
    Nice!

You'll have to post when you get it if it's a clicky (Can't remember the number for them...Z59 maybe?), or just a regular Z41...I'm betting they used the wrong picture for it, rather than it having the clicky.
    Will let you know when i recieve it

Quote Originally Posted by wicky998 View Post
    i looked at walmart.com the other night and they was out of stock unfortunetly
    Just buy one already. Even at $40, a NIP 6P is still a bargain. 10-15 years ago the street price for one was $60+.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamagong View Post
    Just buy one already. Even at $40, a NIP 6P is still a bargain. 10-15 years ago the street price for one was $60+.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by kamagong View Post
    I did, I ordered one from edc plus for my dad for Christmas. Well sit down and talk about dropins once he receives it.

Good decision.

Bravo Wicky.

Welcome to your new life long habit. Meetings are on Tuesdays and a procrastinator group meeting is held whenever enough people show up to have a quarum of three.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Bravo Wicky.

Welcome to your new life long habit. Meetings are on Tuesdays and a procrastinator group meeting is held whenever enough people show up to have a quarum of three.

thanks B, like i tell the wife i could be spending it on drugs or running the streets . atleast theyll be put to good use.

my dad is a big light guy himself, nowhere near a forum type guy as he still cant figure out how to truely use a laptp but can somehow be a superintendent of a chemical plant lol but im slowly graduating alot of his lights for him . he uses alot of 18650 lights which is what i got him last year was a charger and a few cells.

nextll be something more custom (im hoping)

Just snagged 3 NIB off auction and today received 2 Malkoff drop ins. A M61 and M61N. Both rock.
    Im having fun ask asking friends and family which they like better once it got dark.
    Gotta get a third drop in and Im headed back to Malkoff as I really wanna run primary’s in these lights.

Edit to add: the battery’s are 2018 and 2019 and they are running the lights like fresh.
    Last edited by LTBL777; 12-20-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Flashaholic*

I believe there was at least two entire shipping containers full of them. And then some..
    ampdude

thanks B, like i tell the wife i could be spending it on drugs or running the streets . atleast theyll be put to good use.

my dad is a big light guy himself, nowhere near a forum type guy as he still cant figure out how to truely use a laptp but can somehow be a superintendent of a chemical plant lol but im slowly graduating alot of his lights for him . he uses alot of 18650 lights which is what i got him last year was a charger and a few cells.

nextll be something more custom (im hoping)
    My boss was asked if he had finished his annual online performance review. He looked at the lady next to him and asked "did we ever finish that?" Yet somehow he manages to build a custom steering wheel for an old Volkswagon he is restoring for his wife by using an iPhone app. Then orders it from a place across the planet from him because it's $200 cheaper.

Often times bosses who 'claim' to struggle with computers can navigate things they want to just fine.
    My pop (rip) haaaaaaated computers. Late in his life I found out he used to write (punchcard) software in the 80's but later claimed a mouse was "too complicated".

I'm pretty sure he would not like a flashlight with levels. To him a slider switch was complicated enough.

I did, I ordered one from edc plus for my dad for Christmas. Well sit down and talk about dropins once he receives it.
    Very cool gift, also discuss
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ire-6P-so-good

Got the light and it is a twisty version and it looks like it is the real deal and not a fake

Was their ever a clicky 6P?
    I bought a clicky tail cap for one of mine from SureFire. Dam thing was DOA out of the package. I use a lot of clicky lights but have never had 100% confidence in them like a twisty.
    I got the clicky working but still……

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast