Buying Sky Lumen VN

WalkNLight

Newly Enlightened
Is it safe to use friends and family PayPal option with VN purchases? Seems legit seller according to what I gather. Just concerned about missing, defective item or damage during shipping and not being covered with "goods and services" pay pal option. How has your experience been buying VN?

Thanks.

nbp

Flashaholic
Using FF to make purchases violates the PP TOS so it isn't something we are going to discuss here. If you have questions about SkyLumen products and service please post them in his subforum here where the experts on that topic hang out. Thanks.

scout24

Flashaholic
Personally, you couldn't pay me (pun intended) to use F&F to make purchases. In addition, I wouldn't ever want to take anything but Goods and Services as payment for items. Buyer and seller protection exist for a reason, regardless of the integrity or reputation of buyer or seller. To answer your last question, I've bought from Vinh and will likely buy from him again. He has a subforum with 978 threads here, he must be doing something right..

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, in addition to posts above from nbp and scout24,

June, 2015 is when I discovered Vinh, when I realized that my favorite US supplier would not be offering the Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L.

Chronologically, first reason why I went with Vinh was/is his providing on-time wide variety of offerings.

2. Supply and support stateside, no months long slow boat to/from other corners of the globe.

3. He does mods that I can't do: Boost and choice of alternative emitters, etc, etc.

4. Prompt, friendly attention to seldom seen minor hiccups.

5. Prompt, friendly response via email.

6. Heartfelt, personable, spiritual presence on the forum.

And last, but eventually most, 7. After buying 26 lights from Vinh in the past four and a half years, and after lots of friendly, helpful and personable emails and one friendly, brief instant answer phone call, I consider him to be my very close to primary spiritual asset/spiritual connection in this phase of my life on the sometimes hostile surface of this earth, painfully impacted by evil people.

Keitho

Enlightened
Don't trust anyone on the internet, including me and this post. But, trust Vinh Nguyen. His passion, knowledge, customer service, dedication to the community, and high quality make him the most trustworthy person that I know but have never met face to face.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
F&F was invented for when your brother went on a cruise to Tahiti and got arrested for running up a bar tab he couldn't pay so he needs some cash. Or perhaps your pal from the Army days needs some money to pay for his dads funeral or something.
People you know and trust.

A seller requesting the buyer use F&F is a seller the buyer should avoid in my view.

elzilcho

Enlightened
Could you please clarify: Did he ask you to use F&F, or are you just making a general inquiry about his reputation as a seller?

I've completed many transactions with Vinh and he has never once mentioned the use of F&F. His online store doesn't even have it as an option so I'm curious as to where your question came from.

bignc

Enlightened
Could you please clarify: Did he ask you to use F&F, or are you just making a general inquiry about his reputation as a seller?

I've completed many transactions with Vinh and he has never once mentioned the use of F&F. His online store doesn't even have it as an option so I'm curious as to where your question came from.

I think it is so ingrained in our membership that we don't even mention or consider f&f usually. I can't think of a purchase where.the seller specified or even mentioned method of PayPal payment because anything other than goods and services is, well.... unethical. And I am no fan of PayPal but for other reasons.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience with VN has been poor.

Care to share why? Pm would probably be better because you will probably get flamed by numerous fans if you post it here. I'm just curious how dealing with someone that will literally take back anything you aren't happy with can be a poor experience. Thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
My experience with VN has been poor.

Oh my goodness...:shakehead

I'm not a fan of Vinh's as much as I'm a customer/friend and my intent isn't to flame but I consider this to be a petty jab, within a thread that was intended to help a new member understand the nature of PayPal, payment types.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woah now, let's not burn the internet down yet or turn this into a flame thread. He just said he had a bad experience nothing at all against Vinh. Anyone can have a bad experience with any dealer. I am a huge Vinh fan not just the mods but the man but I'm also a realist and anything can happen. What if he bought a bunch of tange as gifts and they all failed? Even though Vinh would make it right that could still be a bad experience.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Fair enough, Bigburly. I've adjusted my post out of respect for you because you believed it was too strong, but this isn't the jeers thread. The OP was asking about the nuances relating to PayPal payment types with regards to what's safe and what isn't. I have no idea what KG Tuning's issue is with Vinh, but the fact that he's commenting about it within a thread that's relating to payments and Paypal could lead one to believe that KG Tuning had a payment related discrepancy when that might not even be the case.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers patriot. No reason to edit for me or anything I said. I bury people on here often enough but he made a very very general statement. Also the last sentence of the OP is asking "How has your experience been buying VN" maybe I'm just feeling peaceful today. Actually, I really think the dude is trolling but he deserves a fair shake to prove us all wrong. :D

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm not sure this thread needs to stay open much longer.

That said, KGT might want to clarify his rather terse post above, as it seems out of character, at least in my personal experience as well.

We'll leave this open for now, and invite KGT and/or V54 to respond if they feel it is appropriate for the open forum.

Shouldn't need saying, but everyone please remain courteous here, as always. This is also not the place for a full "Cheers'n'Jeers" discussion.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a FYI. I think the OP has already found his answer and has moved on. This same question was asked by him on the other flashlight forum as well and was also answered quite thoroughly. I think the only people paying any attention to this thread are the regular CPF folk at this point.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just some historical info that has been posted repeatedly in the past on this forum: One certain person bought some lights from another certain person, and some after-purchase fixes needed to be done. The purchaser noted that it was not a small percentage, but more that needed remediation. I recall that tint shift was an issue, too. When it came time for me to purchase the X45vn, I contacted Vinh and I offered to purchase the sample that was returned due to tint shift, because that event was repeatedly posted on this forum. That was a few years ago, and I have used that same sample for nightly chores on my community meeting hall property seven nights a week for a few years, with satisfaction.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Cheers patriot. No reason to edit for me or anything I said. I bury people on here often enough but he made a very very general statement. Also the last sentence of the OP is asking "How has your experience been buying VN" maybe I'm just feeling peaceful today. Actually, I really think the dude is trolling but he deserves a fair shake to prove us all wrong. :D

I think you're right Bigburly (above bold emphasis mine). My mindset when I posted wasn't done any favors by the forum history I've witnessed and Rich only touched on a single account. Thanks for the perspective help. :)