Original Surefire Titan

Arcoholic

Enlightened
Hello
Have not been around in a while and I thought I pose a question to you regular users.
Is the original SF Titan still a desirable object around here ? Or are there people that mod them ?
Thanks for chiming in.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... Is the original SF Titan still a desirable object around here ? Or are there people that mod them ? ....

Sure, these are (were) very nice.

The UI is excellent, but they are extremely challenging to mod. I have one modified by DaFAB to replace the OEM bluish-tinted emitter with what was (at the time) among the better LEDs available with regard to tint and CRI.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Reference photo ...

zoozB40.jpg

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
My T1A is, and has been part of my EDC for years. Love this light! However, nevur thought about modding it.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
SureFire terminology is confusing ....

They have used "Titan" as a model name for a titanium CR2 flashlight, an aluminum CR123A flashlight, an aluminum AAA flashlight, and a nickel plated brass AAA flashlight :sigh:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I have one of the Titanium Titans, and really like it. I never EDC it, and I have even thought about selling it, it just sits in the safe.

When it was released it was a leading edge light, I have often though that Surefire came up with this light to show what they could do, and that at the time they were the clearly the leader in flashlight technology.

Mine is Ser. #154, by the way. Any others out there who have one list your serial number!

All the best,

RedLED

nitebrite

Enlightened
I have been carrying a Hanko Mokuti but I still think the Titan is a viable light. It is smaller. Even though it is not the crazy output it runs more than a minute before I burn off my hand. Plus I like the UI. I think it was the first production USA light of it's kind? I like to show off my knife and flashlight. Otherwise I would be happy with the Titan still. Back then it was show off. I still have it. I know where it is but difficult to get to now. You would be surprised the feeling in my pocket. Going from 1.5OZ flashlight to 4.8OZ flashlight, plus going from .8OZ knife to 7.5OZ knife. Sometimes I question myself if it is worth showing off. No one likes a show off anyways. Well, not true. I get compliments everyday and that makes me feel good but it is at some cost. The Titan really is a much better way to go. Although, now a Aeon or something(if that is the little one) is probably a nicer light anyways. Times progress regardless. That's not a big deal either really. I have new cars. I prefer my '72 Vette. So bottom line, I still dig the Titan!

batman

Enlightened
If this thread is still active, I have a question about the OG Titan. What was the length/width and weight with battery? It looks to be purposely made to be the perfect size for keychain, wearing around the neck, keychain, everything. Awesome. I seem to remember it was 3.15"x0.75"

Last edited:

StuGatz

Enlightened
Still have two of the Titanium Titans still unopened and NIB. Unknown what serial numbers they are and this is NOT an offer like #9 above ;) but yeah, these were cutting edge at the time with still a bit of light tech in the proverbial bag as it goes. The one used was absolutely GREAT.

batman

Enlightened
Still have two of the Titanium Titans still unopened and NIB. Unknown what serial numbers they are and this is NOT an offer like #9 above ;) but yeah, these were cutting edge at the time with still a bit of light tech in the proverbial bag as it goes. The one used was absolutely GREAT.
Does the box list the dimensions of the light?