Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Looking for a semi inexpensive LED flashlight with a good combo of throw and flood?

Unenlightened

Default Looking for a semi inexpensive LED flashlight with a good combo of throw and flood?

Hello everyone I am new to this forum.
    Just looking to get a little bit of help in finding a flashlight.

I'm looking for a flashlight maybe roughly one of the ones that's about the size of a soda can. I've been looking at some of the sofirn flashlights they're relatively inexpensive. I want something with a lot of throw and his brightest I can have it but not a total just single beam shot. I'd like some flood to it.
    I like some of the newer ones that are coming out with USB-C recharging although they get pretty expensive I think there's a sofirn has it but just looking for other recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Looking for a semi inexpensive LED flashlight with a good combo of throw and floo

The least expensive lights I own are Maglite, and I am not familiar with Sofirn. They may be more or less, but I like a lot of Maglite's new offerings for the price. The new head rotation beam adjustment is pretty good. They also use standard batteries. Maglite comes in all shapes and sizes. I will refrain from making other recommendations since you said "inexpensive." What is your price cap? That may help with others making a recommendation.

Default Re: Looking for a semi inexpensive LED flashlight with a good combo of throw and floo

Manker MK36, Olight X7R are the two that come to mind with USB C
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?437425
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ead.php?463886

If you want more throw with a lot of lumens, my favorite tactical UI is on the Acebeam L30 II--not a pop-can, but still a high-output thrower with USB C.

Flashlight parametrek is very helpful for searching for features https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5103071

The Maglite ML25 puts out a huge spill just bright enough to see well up close without completely killing your natural night vision and has an intense hot spot for lots of throw....I run mine on either AA Eneloops or li-ion 18650's or 21700's in 3D printed adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Corygoose View Post
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum.

I like some of the newer ones that are coming out with USB-C recharging although they get pretty expensive I think there's a sofirn has it but just looking for other recommendations?

Thanks in advance
    I think the guys over at BLF like the sofirn.
    You'll probably be good with that.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy