Great Balls of ICE!!!

StuGatz

Enlightened
So this humble T.I.P. (Test In Progress) continues... :huh:

I have staged about 12 "Balls Of Ice" BOI in a tray of the freezer so that we may select a BOI (pronunced "boy" yeah go figure) or BOIs to chill the appropriate beverage.

In this most recent example, two BOIs have been deployed into a tall Negroni with Lime. Yeah, Lime AND... I add an equal share of Aperol for good measure!

So there you go and salute!

4EYpPWS.jpg

PartyPete

Enlightened
I remember one year Maker's Mark sent us an ice ball mold one year around Christmas time. I really need to give it a try some time.

StuGatz

Enlightened
Almost six months (YEAH, 6) in of intermittent use AND just a little travel to a few places...

The Prepara Ice Ball forms have remained intact in spite of my (and my karma's) best efforts to completely destroy them. Hint, do not tap frozen contents on a counter or with the butt of a revolver. Let the forms sit on the counter for a few minutes then pry the encapsulated ice from the forms.

In this episode, we subject the frosty little orbs to provide support to a trifecta of pre-mixed armored Moscow Mules within the confines of a double walled Titanium consumption device. When you travel, ensure that your water (H2O) source is FILTERED!!! Thank me later.

An interesting observation is that the initial pour reveals a target shaped impression from the vent caps.

dTupQXE.jpg

Notice that it's time to get "Lit Up?"... :crackup: :banghead: :crackup:

uZgKi6c.jpg

Three can applications later, we have the results, and the frigid orbs held up well to the challenge...

IAMlBc6.jpg

DZKcEpa.jpg

Last edited: