Help identifying a Ti single cell light - IDENTIFIED!!!

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone help me identify this single cell (CR123A) Titanium light?

I would imaging it is from 2006/2007/2008 time.

The Fenix are for size comparison. I would like to know the light on the right.

Thank you in advance....

David

----
UPDATE

Identified :thumbsup:

It was Stainless

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...le-R123-Stainless-Steel-with-Q2-bin-Cree-XR-E

------

imLzFPx.jpg

WcNuawD.jpg

rQ36KqF.jpg

Last edited:

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Re: Help identifying a Ti single cell light

Might be a Preon? I had one similar.

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

nbp

Flashaholic

It might get more views in Collections or LED Flashlights subforums? Would you like to have it moved it somewhere?

nbp

Flashaholic
Help identifying a Ti single cell light

Check [emoji736]

Trying to think of what that could be. Out of curiosity how many modes does it have?

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

.... Modes : Med - Low - High - Strobe - SOS

Driver could be an early FLuPIC from that era.

Host has a familiar looking aesthetic, but I cannot identify it precisely, which makes me wonder if there were any possibility of it being a one-off / custom / proto ?

If you are seriously interested in identifying this, any other related details or clues you might remember would be enormously helpful.

Did you buy it new, or on the secondary market ? Might you have posted any discussion or photos of it on CPF at the time ? Unfortunately most of CPFMP is inaccessible now.

Makers from that era who worked with goldserve included tvodrd and DSpeck, IIRC. Muyshondt also built some early prototypes back then, but I don't remember him ever using a FLuPIC .... :thinking:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Adding that PhotonFanatic also liked to use FLuPIC and, of course, hand-built many customs.

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Driver could be an early FLuPIC from that era.

Host has a familiar looking aesthetic, but I cannot identify it precisely, which makes me wonder if there were any possibility of it being a one-off / custom / proto ?

If you are seriously interested in identifying this, any other related details or clues you might remember would be enormously helpful.

Did you buy it new, or on the secondary market ? Might you have posted any discussion or photos of it on CPF at the time ? Unfortunately most of CPFMP is inaccessible now.

Makers from that era who worked with goldserve included tvodrd and DSpeck, IIRC. Muyshondt also built some early prototypes back then, but I don't remember him ever using a FLuPIC .... :thinking:

I placed an order with Doug Speck for a (FireFly) FF3 Titanium on 26 June 2006. But I believe these were never delivered to members.

I really don't know any more information. It has been 10 years.....

I was using Gmail at the time it would have been purchased, so I have tried all words and phrases I can think of in Gmail to search for it.

I have a regular FF3 here, and looking inside the head you can see the FLuPIC board, whereas the Ti one has the driver board hidden.

zmTFxAU.jpg

4ZlkoIn.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic

I've been digging around too and can't nail it down. It has visual elements of several Fenix lights including the P1, E0 and the E01 tail. It's somewhat like the old Fenix Pd10 Titanium. I would almost think of contacting 4sevens/David Chow. I wonder if this isn't some ancient 4Sevens/Fenix prototype. Does that seem possible?

archimedes

Flashaholic

That is an interesting thought, nbp.

Especially since the "edge" of the driver in the mystery light looks more typical of a commercial version (sorry I don't know the technical term)

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been digging around too and can't nail it down. It has visual elements of several Fenix lights including the P1, E0 and the E01 tail. It's somewhat like the old Fenix Pd10 Titanium. I would almost think of contacting 4sevens/David Chow. I wonder if this isn't some ancient 4Sevens/Fenix prototype. Does that seem possible?

Thank you for the suggestion. I have sent an email to 4sevens/David. I have made purchases from David in 2006-2008

archimedes

Flashaholic

I think some of his flashlights also did have the "reversed" M-L-H-etc UI pattern, too

nbp

Flashaholic
Very cool, glad you found that info. I wonder who made them to begin with. It never really specified that in that thread.