FW3vn

daffy

Enlightened
Got back from my cruise today and eagerly unboxed my FW3vn Ti-Cu, 4*W2 Clear Lens: 3750L, 44kcd, 419m.
Pocket Rocket
for sure and gets super hot quickly on turbo, i've calibrated it to 65c so get a little longer on turbo.
Great work on this light Vinh, the rear switch is also firm enough to mitigate (but not eliminate) accidentally turning it on.
Will see a lot of use in EDC rotation!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's great Daffy. I have the exact same version, polished. It's a lot more useful than my stock FW3A because it handles the heat so much better. Like you, I've calibrated mine to 65c or whatever the highest setting was. It's been my pimary, off-work hours, EDC.

daffy

Enlightened
I'll check tonight and do beam shots though my normal fw3 has 10507 optics.

daffy

Enlightened
Pic after a very quick polish and thread lube

6d8r5K8
6d8r5K8

6d8r5K8

6d8r5K8

6d8r5K8
6d8r5K8
pn6UWeT.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Pic after a very quick polish and thread lube

Great looking light, Daffy! I got to show off tonight because the lights were out in one of the buildings at work. I forgot my PreonVN today (because I left it in bed) and was carrying this light instead. I keep it and my K30GTvn in my work duffle, so I took it out and clipped it to my pocket when I realized I forgot the Preon. Our security guard's mind was blown when he saw the size of the light that was producing all that output. He started asking me all about flashlights and then I showed him the K30GTvn. He was utterly dumbfounded. Haha. I pointed him to the forums and offered to help when he was ready to replace his rechargeable Streamlight Stinger C4.

daffy

Enlightened
Great looking light, Daffy! I got to show off tonight because the lights were out in one of the buildings at work. I forgot my PreonVN today (because I left it in bed) and was carrying this light instead. I keep it and my K30GTvn in my work duffle, so I took it out and clipped it to my pocket when I realized I forgot the Preon. Our security guard's mind was blown when he saw the size of the light that was producing all that output. He started asking me all about flashlights and then I showed him the K30GTvn. He was utterly dumbfounded. Haha. I pointed him to the forums and offered to help when he was ready to replace his rechargeable Streamlight Stinger C4.
Have we converted another I wonder :)
Indoor/Outdoor beam comparison-bit crook tonight so didnt go out 'into the wilderness'
VN light on the left indoor shot, VN light on right outside shot.Stock with carclo 10507-the lumens wont be exactly identical indoors but outdoors is turbo for both.The beam tint is fairly accurate to what i was seeing it was taken with IPhone X
13nw7HT.jpg

JCZrgl9.jpg

Last edited:

daffy

Enlightened
Great comparison shots, daffy!

Here are a couple of less scientific ones...haha

VvF8IMG.jpg

YxJWGqu.jpg
The reptile one looks superb i think this creature has been featured before?
The grip ring works for you i guess, your thoughts on it?
Looks to me like W2 tenders to the neutral side, which i like as its not too yellow or white.
The stock FW3 is used as a light on my 'leccy scooter.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The reptile one looks superb i think this creature has been featured before?
The grip ring works for you i guess, your thoughts on it?
Looks to me like W2 tenders to the neutral side, which i like as its not too yellow or white.
The stock FW3 is used as a light on my 'leccy scooter.

Yes, she has! That's Lilly, my three and a half year old Bearded dragon, catching some sun after breakfast.

I think the grip ring is okay, it helps to keep me from dropping it. I almost never hammer grip the light and instead, intuitively or unconsciously cigar grip it 90% of the time. I suppose that a fat oring would serve the purpose just as well but no issues with the wedge ring so far.

Yeah, I'm good with 5400K. I prefer XPL HI 5000K for general lighting color and the samsung 351 for photography but 5400K isn't a hard pill to swallow considering what we gain in throw.

That's cool about the scooter light. I've put the FW3A on cycling helmets a couple of times and it actually works pretty well. :)

daffy

Enlightened
Just to add since I've used it a bit now.
Ill get to almost 1 minute on turbo b4 too hot to use BUT it cools down very quickly, i'm talking losing 60-70 farenheit in less than 30 sec means i can hit turbo again if i like.
Not sure on max. lumens at top of ramp but it's still enough light to koala spot :)

daffy

Enlightened
My favourite all round vn light with a quick polish, it does get used and i need to have 1 shiny light on the outside.

gPnWHci.jpg