Klarus        
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 172

Thread: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

  1. #1

    Default SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Lets talk SBT90 G2 Lights in this thread

    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  2. #2

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    SBT90 G2 = CFT90 in terms on performance but...

    $45 VS $125
    Can be fitted onto 16mm MCPCB size if needed!

    This LED will make the most boring light interesting! It can output north of 4000L on a single cell and can top 5500L at the edge!
    This LED rival the throw of W2.1 LED in smaller lights and beat it in larger reflector lights!

    Here are the factory lights I know of now:
    Lumintio BLF GT90
    Acebeam K75
    Acebeam K30
    Matemico MT90
    Niwalker NI40 SBT90 Version
    Manker MK35 V2

    Here are the Modded lights that perform excellent with this LED:
    Acebeam L16vn90
    Eagtac G25C2vn90
    P60vn

    Coming Soon:
    X65vn90 Mini


    Please list other lights I miss and tell me what are good potential classic hosts to house this new LED ;-)
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  3. #3
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Anaheim, CA.
    Posts
    2,349

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Can you put this in an Acebeam L30 II ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashKat View Post
    Can you put this in an Acebeam L30 II ?
    Yes
    I want to try it in a catapult V6 too
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  5. #5

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    I would like to see it in something like a convoy s2. A 3000ish lumen edc hotrod that isnt a quad or triple would be pretty neat.

  6. #6

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Yes
    I want to try it in a catapult V6 too
    YES! That host seems perfect for the SBT90.2!

  7. #7

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post
    YES! That host seems perfect for the SBT90.2!
    Doable but that host doesn't have much mass...I can add some copper though...
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  8. #8

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    I still have another Maxtoch X Pro laying around for modding but I think opening in the base of its reflector is too small for SBT90.2

  9. #9

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Great topic, last night I spent two hours searching for SBT90G2 lights, because I was thinking about how Patriot and Vinh really, really like the K30GT so very much. So, I decided to compare specs and beam profile of other SBT60G2 lights with the K75 that is so very exciting to me. I like the way Acebeam has several reflector diameter bases covered: K75, K65GT and K30GT.

    Add to list of factory SBT90G2 lights: Acebeam K65GT, and at least one Eagletac offering.
    Phil. 1: 21-24 and 2Tim. 4: 6-8. My lights. Yes, it also has normal modes for normal runtime and normal heat generation.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Would this work in the original ZL SC600?

    I love the UI but want to make it into a fun light.

  11. #11

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    To get the SBT90.2 up to performance takes like 60 watts of power. That would overpower such a small light within seconds.

  12. #12
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,077

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    Would this work in the original ZL SC600?

    I love the UI but want to make it into a fun light.


    Also, I don't think a 16mm star fits in that light and the reflector hole is too small. It will be interesting however to see how small a light can get and still work with the SBT90 G2. Right now, I think it's the P60. I'm guessing the 16mm star could be filed down to fit into something slightly smaller though and I suppose a VTC6/30Q could power the SBT90 GT in short bursts.

  13. #13
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,077

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    Great topic, last night I spent two hours searching for SBT90G2 lights, because I was thinking about how Patriot and Vinh really, really like the K30GT so very much. So, I decided to compare specs and beam profile of other SBT60G2 lights with the K75 that is so very exciting to me. I like the way Acebeam has several reflector diameter bases covered: K75, K65GT and K30GT.
    Like you, ever since Vinh got on board with this LED, I've been pondering all kinds of lights with it. I'm mainly interested in what it can do in the small/medium and medium lights like the CatV6 but lights like the T27 are also on my mind. The light that I'm so far most intrigued with is the L16vn90 with 40mm head and the ONLY thing I don't love is the 20700 cell and that's only because I don't want to add yet another cell to my inventory. The L30 with 48mm head will likely do close to 200Kcd and it's got the perfect cell BUT it's a centimeter longer than the K30GTvn. I don't know, the more I think about it, the L16vn90 might just be the most impressive thing for it's head size, while a CatV6 might be the most impressive considering it's 132mm length. It's basically got the shallow reflector design that we were saying would have been interesting on the K30GT.

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Thanks for the info guys!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    What about the Acebeam T27? Big reflector, single 21700 cell, might be a killer combination! Can't wait for my G25C2vn90!!!!!
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

    List of my lights!

  16. #16

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    ... the L16vn90 with 40mm head and the ONLY thing I don't love is the 20700 cell and that's only because I don't want to add yet another cell to my inventory. ...
    I kind of want this light too, but like you I don't want more cells! I already have about 25 21700's laying around, don't really want to buy more new cells just for a single light. Hopefully we have more options for this emitter soon

  17. #17
    Flashaholic* MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    White Mountains, NH, USA
    Posts
    4,240

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    As much juice as these LED's use, it may be more practical in a 26650 host. At least we wouldn't need to carry a pocket full of batteries, LOL.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  18. #18

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    And there is the Astrolux MF05 BLFgt killer, a huge SBT90.2 light that promises a lot, if and when, it gets released.
    Last edited by Zandar; 02-17-2020 at 12:16 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    As others mentioned. I also think the t27vn would make a great host. I also would like a mk39vn. That one actually has the ability to be a great one. The center led with the sbt90 and the 8 other leds with the w2.1. But not sure if the 8 leds would make it worthwhile. But I would still like the center sbt90.

  20. #20
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,077

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    As others mentioned. I also think the t27vn would make a great host. I also would like a mk39vn. That one actually has the ability to be a great one. The center led with the sbt90 and the 8 other leds with the w2.1. But not sure if the 8 leds would make it worthwhile. But I would still like the center sbt90.

    Swapping the 8 LED's to W2.1 usually doubles of the throw of those small, quad optics when coming from XPL HI's. So in that regard, I'd say it would be worth it. When considered as a whole or measuring combined throw, the W2.1 probably wouldn't add much to throw number. Vinh measures the stock version at 280Kcd combined and the RangerVN at 285Kcd combined. I'd probably either have to go hi CRI or split the different and go XPL HI 5000 V4's for maximum lumens. Imagine the combined output though... 4500L + 3000L + 3000L and perhaps 350-400Kcd. Pretty crazy for something that size.

    EDIT: It looks like Vinh is measuring those Dual Quad Flood Only 5000 Lumen. A little less than the 6000L I had guessed. Still, nearly 10,000L.
    Last edited by Patriot; 02-17-2020 at 11:00 PM.

  21. #21
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,077

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    What about the Acebeam T27? Big reflector, single 21700 cell, might be a killer combination! Can't wait for my G25C2vn90!!!!!

    Yes, I inquired about the T27 with Vinh last week. Said it's doable but expensive. If he can keep the tail switch functional, I'd probably do it.

    Is this the light you have coming?

  22. #22

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    That sounds awesome if that would be the actual numbers! My mk39vn only does around 6500 lumens. Maybe Iíll send mine back to Vinh for a revisit.

  23. #23
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,077

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    That sounds awesome if that would be the actual numbers! My mk39vn only does around 6500 lumens. Maybe Iíll send mine back to Vinh for a revisit.
    It's probably not an easy light to measure but for the RangerVN, Vinh shows 7000L combined on the XHP35 HI and 8 x XPG3's. 2000L + 5000L. I would imagine that just switching the XHP35 HI to SBT90 would get you another 2500L and switching out the 8x XPG3's to XPL HI would have to result in a nice increase, maybe 500-1000L per quad array? So there's 3500L - 4500L over what you're at now, along with a nice jump in throw. I don't own a MK39vn but wow! ..that's some serious numbers.

  24. #24

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    It's probably not an easy light to measure but for the RangerVN, Vinh shows 7000L combined on the XHP35 HI and 8 x XPG3's. 2000L + 5000L. I would imagine that just switching the XHP35 HI to SBT90 would get you another 2500L and switching out the 8x XPG3's to XPL HI would have to result in a nice increase, maybe 500-1000L per quad array? So there's 3500L - 4500L over what you're at now, along with a nice jump in throw. I don't own a MK39vn but wow! ..that's some serious numbers.
    I call my mk39vn a hidden gem. When it was first released, I didnít see it as nuthin special. Then I saw it up on a sale, and decided to give it a shot. Boy, was I glad I bought it. The handle is a pleasure to hold for walks. But the ui is great for the type of light this is. Allows u to switch between the two groups of leds or have it all on at once. And the ability to have strobe at a instant makes it a complete night walking light.

  25. #25

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    I call my mk39vn a hidden gem. When it was first released, I didnít see it as nuthin special. Then I saw it up on a sale, and decided to give it a shot. Boy, was I glad I bought it. The handle is a pleasure to hold for walks. But the ui is great for the type of light this is. Allows u to switch between the two groups of leds or have it all on at once. And the ability to have strobe at a instant makes it a complete night walking light.
    What is your use for strobe during walks?

  26. #26

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    SBT90 G2 = CFT90 in terms on performance but...
    ... ... ...
    ... ... ...

    Coming Soon:
    X65vn90 Mini
    ... ... ...
    "X65vn90 Mini" I am visualizing amazing specs and amazing beam profile/beam performance. After a little bit more than three years, the only light to have both more lumens and more throw than the X65 is the Imalent R90TS, with triple the lumens, but with only 9% more throw and 50% more weight; which is great/fantabulous in the lumens increase department. But, if Vinh can "GT" the X65, can we can eagerly anticipate maybe possibly not as much as a 50% increase in lumens, but more than 9% more throw than the R90TS?

    Btw, the German forum has some X65 fans posting about their excitement caused by their ideation about the X65 possibly, maybe equipped with SBT90 G2 emitters.

  27. #27

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Omg is Vinh really thinking of doing a sbt90 x65vn mini?
    That is my favorite light that I own. It would be very beastly for this new version.

    And the strobe for nightly walks is for just Incase I come across some hooligans. Or need to get someoneís attention.

  28. #28

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    I still have another Maxtoch X Pro laying around for modding but I think opening in the base of its reflector is too small for SBT90.2
    SBT90 LED die is actually very small so the open doesnt have to be big. Proper height for LED focusing is more of a challenge.
    Take the G25C2vn for example. The Reflector has to be careful shaved away so that the LED can sit closer inside the reflector for focus.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  29. #29

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    Great topic, last night I spent two hours searching for SBT90G2 lights, because I was thinking about how Patriot and Vinh really, really like the K30GT so very much. I actually think the K30GTvn is a good deal at $185. MT90vn wil be $140 But I would pay the extra $45 for a more premium light.

    So, I decided to compare specs and beam profile of other SBT60G2 lights with the K75 that is so very exciting to me. I like the way Acebeam has several reflector diameter bases covered: K75, K65GT and K30GT.

    Add to list of factory SBT90G2 lights: Acebeam K65GT, and at least one Eagletac offering.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  30. #30

    Default Re: SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

    Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    Would this work in the original ZL SC600?

    I love the UI but want to make it into a fun light.
    No..
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •