• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Lets talk SBT90 G2 Lights in this thread

m2IXiLL.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SBT90 G2 = CFT90 in terms on performance but...

$45 VS $125
Can be fitted onto 16mm MCPCB size if needed!

This LED will make the most boring light interesting! It can output north of 4000L on a single cell and can top 5500L at the edge!
This LED rival the throw of W2.1 LED in smaller lights and beat it in larger reflector lights!

Here are the factory lights I know of now:
Lumintio BLF GT90
Acebeam K75
Acebeam K30
Matemico MT90
Niwalker NI40 SBT90 Version
Manker MK35 V2

Here are the Modded lights that perform excellent with this LED:
Acebeam L16vn90
Eagtac G25C2vn90
P60vn

Coming Soon:
X65vn90 Mini

Please list other lights I miss and tell me what are good potential classic hosts to house this new LED ;-)

Renthall

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see it in something like a convoy s2. A 3000ish lumen edc hotrod that isnt a quad or triple would be pretty neat.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have another Maxtoch X Pro laying around for modding but I think opening in the base of its reflector is too small for SBT90.2

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great topic, last night I spent two hours searching for SBT90G2 lights, because I was thinking about how Patriot and Vinh really, really like the K30GT so very much. So, I decided to compare specs and beam profile of other SBT60G2 lights with the K75 that is so very exciting to me. I like the way Acebeam has several reflector diameter bases covered: K75, K65GT and K30GT.

Add to list of factory SBT90G2 lights: Acebeam K65GT, and at least one Eagletac offering.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
To get the SBT90.2 up to performance takes like 60 watts of power. That would overpower such a small light within seconds.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Would this work in the original ZL SC600?

I love the UI but want to make it into a fun light.

Also, I don't think a 16mm star fits in that light and the reflector hole is too small. It will be interesting however to see how small a light can get and still work with the SBT90 G2. Right now, I think it's the P60. I'm guessing the 16mm star could be filed down to fit into something slightly smaller though and I suppose a VTC6/30Q could power the SBT90 GT in short bursts.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Great topic, last night I spent two hours searching for SBT90G2 lights, because I was thinking about how Patriot and Vinh really, really like the K30GT so very much. So, I decided to compare specs and beam profile of other SBT60G2 lights with the K75 that is so very exciting to me. I like the way Acebeam has several reflector diameter bases covered: K75, K65GT and K30GT.

Like you, ever since Vinh got on board with this LED, I've been pondering all kinds of lights with it. I'm mainly interested in what it can do in the small/medium and medium lights like the CatV6 but lights like the T27 are also on my mind. The light that I'm so far most intrigued with is the L16vn90 with 40mm head and the ONLY thing I don't love is the 20700 cell and that's only because I don't want to add yet another cell to my inventory. The L30 with 48mm head will likely do close to 200Kcd and it's got the perfect cell BUT it's a centimeter longer than the K30GTvn. I don't know, the more I think about it, the L16vn90 might just be the most impressive thing for it's head size, while a CatV6 might be the most impressive considering it's 132mm length. It's basically got the shallow reflector design that we were saying would have been interesting on the K30GT.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
... the L16vn90 with 40mm head and the ONLY thing I don't love is the 20700 cell and that's only because I don't want to add yet another cell to my inventory. ...

I kind of want this light too, but like you I don't want more cells! I already have about 25 21700's laying around, don't really want to buy more new cells just for a single light. Hopefully we have more options for this emitter soon

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much juice as these LED's use, it may be more practical in a 26650 host. At least we wouldn't need to carry a pocket full of batteries, LOL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Zandar

Enlightened
And there is the Astrolux MF05 BLFgt killer, a huge SBT90.2 light that promises a lot, if and when, it gets released.

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others mentioned. I also think the t27vn would make a great host. I also would like a mk39vn. That one actually has the ability to be a great one. The center led with the sbt90 and the 8 other leds with the w2.1. But not sure if the 8 leds would make it worthwhile. But I would still like the center sbt90.

Patriot

Flashaholic
As others mentioned. I also think the t27vn would make a great host. I also would like a mk39vn. That one actually has the ability to be a great one. The center led with the sbt90 and the 8 other leds with the w2.1. But not sure if the 8 leds would make it worthwhile. But I would still like the center sbt90.

Swapping the 8 LED's to W2.1 usually doubles of the throw of those small, quad optics when coming from XPL HI's. So in that regard, I'd say it would be worth it. When considered as a whole or measuring combined throw, the W2.1 probably wouldn't add much to throw number. Vinh measures the stock version at 280Kcd combined and the RangerVN at 285Kcd combined. I'd probably either have to go hi CRI or split the different and go XPL HI 5000 V4's for maximum lumens. Imagine the combined output though... 4500L + 3000L + 3000L and perhaps 350-400Kcd. Pretty crazy for something that size.

EDIT: It looks like Vinh is measuring those Dual Quad Flood Only 5000 Lumen. A little less than the 6000L I had guessed. Still, nearly 10,000L.

Last edited: