• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mateminco MT35vn90 - Best Ultra Thrower Value R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Purchase Here: https://skylumen.com/collections/v5...-ultra-thrower-value-r?variant=31440968384576

TY2eaKV.jpg

vdD7oZX.jpg

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened
Re: Mateminco MT90vn - Best Ultra Thrower Value R

Vinh did you use the host with the SST40 or SBT90.2 emitter. According to Martin and admitted by Astrolux, there is problem with the reflector geometry in the Astrolux FT03S SBT90.2. I wonder if the Mateminco version has the same problem with the reflector.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriot

Flashaholic

It seems like the 2m, reflector center, visual test would reveal if there was an issue.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh did you use the host with the SST40 or SBT90.2 emitter.
MT90only somes with SBT90 LEDs.

According to Martin and admitted by Astrolux, there is problem with the reflector geometry in the Astrolux FT03S SBT90.2. I wonder if the Mateminco version has the same problem with the reflector. I dotn think so. Beam is very nice as is. But I will check to see if there is a diff in the reflector.

Th558

Newly Enlightened

From what I've seen/heard the original FT03 SST40 reflector should have a tighter hotspot with flowery patterns in the corona. BTW you wrote SST90 by mistake. Also isn't it meant to be MT90 mini?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

MT35vn90 gives 25Kcd with tighter focus than MT90vn

430Kcd bump to 455Kcd (Max Performance)

wolfstyle

Enlightened

I'm really interested in this light. I've been reading about the Astrolux version with Anduril and it has a problem where it steps down on Turbo very quickly, around 20 seconds before the light is anywhere near warm.

Vinh does this version with Narsil have a similar problem?

Patriot

Flashaholic

Did the name change from MT90vn? ...and if so, is the the MT35vn90 mini? How does it differ from the MT90vn?

Sorry for all the questions but the model naming has thrown me off a little.

Bronco

Enlightened

Vinh, two quick questions.

1) Am I correct in understanding that this is a 26650 based light, and if so, what cell do you recommend for best performance?

2) Is there any possibility to have the light delivered with a simpler, more reliable UI than either Anduril or Narsil? I'd like to give at least one of these lights as a gift to a relative who isn't a flashlight aficionado. Unfortunately, these user programmable UIs aren't suitable for use by non-experts, IMHO.

Th558

Newly Enlightened

When do you measure the throw? On turbo there's a small step down in the first 5-10 seconds. Measuring at max ramp would be better for comparing reflectors. I also saw a small difference with the old reflector. Also what mod has been done to give it better performance. Have you removed the AR window on the emmiter?

Last edited:

wolfstyle

Enlightened

Bumping this thread to see if Vinh can answer some of these questions in the last couple of posts.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I'm really interested in this light. I've been reading about the Astrolux version with Anduril and it has a problem where it steps down on Turbo very quickly, around 20 seconds before the light is anywhere near warm.

Vinh does this version with Narsil have a similar problem?

I turned off step down completely following the manual instructions

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Did the name change from MT90vn? ...and if so, is the the MT35vn90 mini? How does it differ from the MT90vn?

Sorry for all the questions but the model naming has thrown me off a little.

I now use the MT35 host instead of the MT90 host as the MT35 seems to have a bit better focus/throw

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, two quick questions.

1) Am I correct in understanding that this is a 26650 based light, YES
and if so, what cell do you recommend for best performance? I tested with Samsung 40T as its the best I got. I hear Golis 26650 is very good but I have none.

2) Is there any possibility to have the light delivered with a simpler, more reliable UI than either Anduril or Narsil? DriverVNX2 is available which I think is much simpler UI but it would add $70 in cost!

I'd like to give at least one of these lights as a gift to a relative who isn't a flashlight aficionado. Unfortunately, these user programmable UIs aren't suitable for use by non-experts, IMHO.
Simple Low high is all that is needed for the general

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

When do you measure the throw? On turbo there's a small step down in the first 5-10 seconds. I turn off Step down.

Measuring at max ramp would be better for comparing reflectors. I also saw a small difference with the old reflector. Also what mod has been done to give it better performance. Fatter 18 AWG wires, spring bypass, all connection cleaned for best contact, and beam tuning should it needs it.

Have you removed the AR window on the emmiter? I haev not delens this light. But I expect doing so will yield abotu 3% lumen and may be 4-5% intensity.

wolfstyle

Enlightened

Looking forward to seeing the numbers once you remove the lens from the SBT90.2.
The bump in numbers is nice, but more interested in it reducing any green tint on lower levels that is reported with this LED.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looking forward to seeing the numbers once you remove the lens from the SBT90.2.
The bump in numbers is nice, but more interested in it reducing any green tint on lower levels that is reported with this LED.

Its interesting with the sbt90.2. I have the FT03s and the K30gt and even though they use the same led, the tint on the FT03s has a really green tint but the K30gt has very little. I'm thinking Acebeam was able to acquire an sbt90.2 bin with a more desirable tint.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Its interesting with the sbt90.2. I have the FT03s and the K30gt and even though they use the same led, the tint on the FT03s has a really green tint but the K30gt has very little. I'm thinking Acebeam was able to acquire an sbt90.2 bin with a more desirable tint.

I think it might be the same LED but different reflector gives different tint. They are green on the lower levels in the K65GT too.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it might be the same LED but different reflector gives different tint. They are green on the lower levels in the K65GT too.

Maybe luck of the draw? The difference between my two sbt90.2 lights are pretty dramatic.