Arclight AAA Advisory

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
After my new Arc.AAA (new version 2.1) stopped working altogether, I should warn against ever using the regular Eveready batts. in the light.
The problem was that the circular ridge on the negative base of that battery has scored into the relatively soft aluminum base of the light, and to make matters worse, it deposited a very STUBBORN non-conductive oxide in that scored ridge, so that NO AAA battery would make the light work!

I have just lightly filed out that "scoring" and soaked the inside with Ridox, and solved the problem. The light now works perfectly
smile.gif

-p.s. the contour of the base of the Ev.e2 is different and causes no problem at all.
-Strongly advise against using the Regular Eveready batt. in this particular light!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hopefully the cobalt/gold alloy battery contact points promised in the ArcLS will eliminate that problem. I wish Gransee would use that stuff in the Arc aaa too...I don't suppose he is using the same 'screening' cobalt/gold material as in the HDS actionlight? so you would get a little abrasive cleaning action when the battery turns against the mesh...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yikes! Anybody else had this problem? Just opened mine and sure-enough, it's a normal Energizer.

Videocal, how did you manage to file in the bottom of the battery compartment?

Joe

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jlh:
Yikes! Anybody else had this problem? Just opened mine and sure-enough, it's a normal Energizer.

Videocal, how did you manage to file in the bottom of the battery compartment?

Joe
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used a round 3/16" dia. hobby file with a small piece of relatively coarse emery paper attached to the end of it.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, Doug, I'll file this away for later reference ( no pun intended
smile.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DebtFree:
Videocal,
When you warn against using the "regular" Eveready batteries, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the "heavy duty" (non alkaline)? Or, are you saying not to use "alkaline"? Can you be more specific?

Thanks,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was referring Only to their standard alkaline. (as opposed to e2 et.al.)
-Didn't know they were making those "heavy duty" AAA batteries anymore.
blush.gif

Edit: 8/17-just discovered the same exact potential prob. with the Sanyo alkaline.
mad.gif

DebtFree

Newly Enlightened
"Out-In-The-Woods", Alabama "Home of hurricanes an
I don't know if they still make the HD's either. But, I pulled out some energizers, and I see what you mean. It's those little rings that must leave those little "bunny droppings" in your flashlight.
grin.gif

I usually use Ray-O-Vac ... better price (and no bunny dodo).

Thanks for the "heads-up"!
smile.gif