• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

LEGO suggestions

jrgold

Enlightened
I've recently invested in the oveready e35 system because I want a system I can build from. So far I have:

E Series Host Combo (35+70) - HA Black

Triple v5 E/Scout Head - 219C High CRI 4000K (24w) + Red

Custom Aluminum DPC Tailcap with Black Clip

Unified Z35 Host - HA Black

Oveready Mule DIP 8 Mode Group P60 Dropin - 219C 4000k

Where's the next logical step in building this system? Preferable in 18350 but I'm open to other options.

jrgold

Enlightened
A VME head for Malkoff drop-ins is an option.

Thank you that's helpful. Youtube doesn't have much on compatibility between the systems so I've been searching the web, nudges in the right direction helps.

Rioghalmo

Newly Enlightened
The e35 is a complete light, wont that have one as well as the z35 host?

I think it needs z44 bezel,spacers/longer battery springs and e to c adapter to make the e head work with p60s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrgold

Enlightened
I think it needs z44 bezel,spacers/longer battery springs and e to c adapter to make the e head work with p60s.

I'm sorry I'm really confused now. Isn't the triple that comes in the e scout head a p60? Couldn't it be replaced by another? If not, couldn't the Malkoff vme head mentioned before be used for other p60 drop ins?

Rioghalmo

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry I'm really confused now. Isn't the triple that comes in the e scout head a p60? Couldn't it be replaced by another? If not, couldn't the Malkoff vme head mentioned before be used for other p60 drop ins?

I was confused, I thought you were trying to use p60s meant for the z series in the e series.

nbp

Flashaholic

No the E Triple is a complete head, you can't put a P60 in it. The VME is a P60 head but if I recall correctly not all manufacturers' modules fit perfectly in it. The Malkoff modules do though.

nbp

Flashaholic
It can be tough when every maker has basically their own language to learn. Haha. You picked some great companies to Investigate and buy from though. OR and Malkoff are two of the very best. Have fun!

jrgold

Enlightened
Part of the fun is the learning process but this rabbit hole has a lot more unmarked paths than others I've gone down lol

NH Lumens

Enlightened
E35 bodies, ZeroRez inserts and Malkoff heads;

3PZ-7.jpg

Lego on the left uses a Malkoff VME bezel (the bezel does NOT have the white lettering on the face as shown on Malkoff's site) and a Malkoff M91B drop-in. Though it is intended for use with a two Li-ion cells or three CR123 batteries, the drop-in produces over 600 lumens on a freshly-charged single cell at the lower voltage. It holds north of 500 lumens for the first 20 minutes and slowly declines to 200 lumens in 90 minutes. Tailcap is a discontinued Oveready.

Lego on the right uses a Malkoff E2XTD head (650 lumens/70,000 candela). Tailcap is a SF Z41.

Both are powered by a Keeppower 18500 2000mAh cell.

With the tailcap backed-off a few degrees from constant-on, it works effectively as a momentary switch holding the light in a cigar hold and squeezing against the head spring tension. There's just enough play in the tailcap threads to make this work reliably.

Note on using Malkoff heads - the anodizing needs to be removed from the head threads on the E35 body. I use electrical tape to protect the body leaving just the threads exposed, then keep wiping the exposed threads with a paper towel soaked with EasyOff oven cleaner. A bit tedious, takes about 30 minutes and some patience for the EasyOff to work, but gets the job done.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Nice lights NH, I'm a big fan of the Zero Rez Shorty tailcap setup

Thanks!

I'm now a total ZRS Convert. It wasn't until I discovered that a ZRS-modified tailcap works quite well as a momentary switch with a cigar hold on a SF Z-style body (or something with a grip ring) that I became a convert. On a high-draw, direct-drive head I can actually see an increase in output going from a clicky to the ZRS, not to mention the utter reliability of the ZRS and increased cell capacity.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
I learned the hard way with OR LEGOs. I wasn't aware that moddoolar bodies had their own head size when I picked a TL 50-S body on the exchange. I got around it with the M series interface and the Malkoff MDM4.

added a OR tailcap with the zrs and it nice compact (but heavy) 18650 unit that runs my malkoff dropins.

dffbd710a073dec4f4b674768c0d3f42.jpg

kingcow

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have an adapter suggestion for the P60 to moddoolar bodies? I think oveready calls them c series adapter.