• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Volt Vamp battery drainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALL SOLD. Thanks CPF!

Since I last offered the VoltVamp battery drainers, I have received several requests for more. The low profile VoltVamp will drain a battery to less than 0.8V while providing usable light, and continue to light the LED to approximately 0.65V with declining brightness. They are especially good at draining "dead" cells, or what I prefer to call "partially depleted".
The high grade N52 Neodymium magnets for the contacts, allow them to be mounted to vertical surfaces when using an AA or AAA battery.

Z3zxR7a.jpg

Front 1-3, Back 10-12
ljwvISB.jpg

Front 4-6, Back 13-15
9b6oUHb.jpg

Front 7-9, Back 16-18
Z0hXRs6.jpg

The Volt Vamp battery drainers feature:
High CRI LEDs from rngwn at BLF or Nichia GS COV bin or 4000K XP-G2 LEDs.
High quality N52 grade neodymium magnet connections. The ground connection has 3 pounds of holding force.
Teflon jacketed silver plated copper stranded wire, mechanically anchored on both ends with solder and epoxy.
Epoxy encapsulated components for durability and environmental protection.
Works with any 1.5V cell. DO NOT use with CR123 or rechargeable cells.
Ideal for power outages, camping and travel.
Easily fits into Altoid tin emergency pack, bug out bag or luggage.
Can be anchored to any ferrous metal surface. Will support an AA cell on a vertical surface, or suspended from the ceiling. Note: Some cheaper alkaline or carbon zinc cells are not made with steel contacts.

Front row:
1 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD
2 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp* $12 Removed
3 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD
4 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD to coworker
5 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD to coworker
6 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD
7 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp* $12 SOLD
8 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD
9 - 5800K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD

Back row:
10 - 3400K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD
11 - 3400K high CRI VoltVamp* $12 SOLD
12 - 3400K high CRI VoltVamp $12 SOLD
13 - 3400K high CRI VoltVamp* $12 SOLD
14 - 3400K high CRI VoltVamp* $12SOLD
15 - 6000K+/- Nichia GS COV bin VoltVamp* $12 SOLD
16 - 4000K CREE XP-G2 with Ledil Lisa optic $18 SOLD
17 - 4000K CREE XP-G2 with Ledil Lisa optic $18 SOLD
18 - 4000K CREE XP-G2 with Ledil Lisa optic $18SOLD
The XP-G2 Ledil Lisa drainers have a narrow spot of 10 degrees if I remember correctly. Due to the cost of the optics, I will not be making more of this type.

First Class shipping within the U.S. is $3 per package. (Any number ships for $3.) The first "I'll take it" posted in this thread takes preference over other communication.

A word of caution about the neodymium magnets used in the battery drainers; they are unusually strong, and will jump to magnetic and ferrous objects. Neodymium magnets are brittle, and could crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. Neodymium magnets can affect electronic devices if allowed to come into contact.

There is no difference between the VoltVamps made with the black or green/white wire. I ran out of my green and white striped wire and switched to black part way through the run of drainers. To keep track of the VoltVamp battery drainers listed above, all of the drainers have a small number written on the ground contact with Sharpie. It can be removed with alcohol. I am leaving the numbers on the drainers to ensure that the right drainer is delivered.

*The area around the contacts on these battery drainers have epoxy that reacted with the conductive epoxy, causing it to set up much quicker than usual. While it is a bit uneven and not as attractive as the usual epoxy application, the performance is not affected.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Volt Vamp battery drainers

I'll take 10, 12 and 16.

These will make great gifts and the top of a chapstick (r) tube makes a great diffuser for these.

PP Sent.

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ill take #1 ,#15
PM sent. Thank you.

I'll take 10, 12 and 16.

These will make great gifts and the top of a chapstick (r) tube makes a great diffuser for these.
PayPal received. Thank you.
I like the Chapstick diffuser idea! My 3D printer purchase is on hold, but I want to print some diffusers from clear filament when I finally get one. I am an AutoCAD expert, and generating the .STL files is easy for me.

PP Sent.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heck, I'd better grab #17 while it's still there.

I'll take it!

EDIT: :paypal: Pretty psyched about this thing! Thanks again, DatiLED!

Last edited:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

please resend pm with PP info

thanks
griff

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Volt Vamp with XP-G2 and Lisa optic came in today, and I just tested it out.

All I can say is... I shoulda' snagged #18 also!! It's that great!

DatiLED for President!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Volt Vamp battery drainers

Don't try this at home folks. On a whim, I just put a li-ion battery that showed no voltage in my charger and barely moved the needle on my tester. But it lit up the volt vamp. It stayed lit fairly bright long enough for me to brush my teeth when I figured that I'm pressing my luck. No idea what happened to the battery that was in a light mechanically locked out. I popped in an alkaline and now I'm going home to see if it's still got juice. Well built little suckers.

P. S. I dropped the li-ion off at the recyclers

thermal guy

Flashaholic

😁 this is just such a great idea got to try just one😂😂

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

😁 this is just such a great idea got to try just one😂😂
PM sent. Thank you.

Aginthelaw... Please stick to 1.5V cells! The components are rated well over the circuit design, but the voltage spike could kill the LED (or lessen it's lifespan).

thermal guy

Flashaholic

And also number 3 please because I can't read😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.