X2/X4 Extended Version, AC & USB Input NiMH Li-ion Battery Charger

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Everyone always has a lot of rechargeable batteries, especially for flashlights. Therefore two or three different chargers must be prepared for each charge. Many people use AC port chargers because they feel that the voltage of the charger is sufficient and safe to charge. However, this charger can only be used at home and requires a special charging cable, so it is not convenient when going out. Then they prepare another USB port charger when traveling or charging in the car. There are also some protected 21700 batteries on their hands, so they prepare a charger that is compatible of this battery size. Now XTAR's upgrade chargers - X2 and X4 extended version can solve all these problems, no need to prepare a bunch of chargers.

Widely compatible, Ni-MH, Ni-Cad and protected 21700 batteries can also be charged
The X2/X4 extended version can not only charge 3.6v / 3.7v lithium batteries of various sizes, but also 1.2v Ni-MH and Ni-Cad batteries of various types. Now the popular 14,500, 18650, 26650, AA, AAA batteries all can be charged. It can also be applied to protected 20700 and 21700 batteries.

Dual input ports, can be charged anytime, anywhere
X2/X4 extended version has both AC input port and Micro USB input port, you can choose according to your own situation: indoor use the charger's own power cord and AC port to charge; outdoors can use phone adapter and Micro USB port to charge. It meets the charging needs of users in different scenarios.
UgVTHAwSRT2nXWx0mTX5vg.jpg

Self-selection of charging current, fast charging, multiple protections
X2/X4 extended version, the charging current can be selected independently in 0.5A*2, 1A*2 and 2A*1 modes, and the 2A charging current can fill a 18650 2500mAh battery as fast as 1.5 hours. In addition, the charger has a built-in MCU mode to accurately determine the full capacity, and it can stop charging immediately when the battery is fully charged. It also has multiple protection technologies such as overcurrent, overcharge, overvoltage, short circuit, and soft start, so you can charge your batteries overnight without worry.

LCD screen, real-time control charging status
The X2/X4 extended version adopts a dial-type LCD display, which can clearly display the battery charging information, including battery charge percentage, voltage, current, and charged volume. This is very convenient for users to understand the battery charging status.
hd_BiQEmScmGRmcYp4wNIA.jpg

0V activation function saves over-discharged batteries
X2/X4 extended charger can recover some over-discharge batteries. Insert the battery and the charger will automatically detect and activate the battery. If you have a lot of old batteries that have been stored for a long time, you can use this function to filter out batteries that can still be used to avoid waste.

In addition, the X4 extended version also has an output function that can charge mobile phones, cameras, PAD and GPS and other devices. This function may not be used frequently, but it's nice to have if urgently needed.
p09-qjeEQ-azhG-gWlcNjQ.jpg

These are really very convenient and simple operated smart chargers, plus the consistent high quality of XTAR charger, you will have a perfect usage experience.

X2 Extended Version: http://www.xtar.cc/product/XTAR-X2-Charger-(Extended-Version)-128.html

X4 Extended Version: http://www.xtar.cc/product/XTAR-X4-Charger-(Extended-Version)-129.html

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
When will these be available?
All I get when I click on your links is a web page that`s in Chinese?
I don`t see anything but text :(

They've already been in our official website. You can also visit http://www.xtar.cc/ to find them.

If there is only text and no pictures on the webpage, may be that's because the page was loading slowly at the time. You can refresh to reload the page.

ftumch33

Enlightened
Found it! But it doesn`t seem I can purchase them on the website :(
I don`t see the X4 extended.
What I see is the X4 2A.
Is this the same as the extended?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Found it! But it doesn`t seem I can purchase them on the website :(
I don`t see the X4 extended.
What I see is the X4 2A.
Is this the same as the extended?

We have store at Amazon, Aliexpress, shopee etc., but I'm sorry these two products are not yet on sale.

We need time in production. Once they are on sale, I'll share the news and link here.

Please kindly stay tuned.

Agpp

Enlightened
Micro USB? I'm disappointed to see you don't use Type C....

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
X2实物图-21700带板.jpg
In the picture, the left is unprotected 21700, and the right is protected 21700.

The New X2 is about 4mm longer than the old X2 so that it can charge the protected 21700 batteries.

Keep the conversation going by posting any questions or thoughts you have in reply below.

Last edited:

Jeroen1000

Newly Enlightened
The non extended version can physically hold protected 21700's according to this review (this person knows this stuff). So why this extended version? Is there some other reason?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Hi, the difference between X2/X4 extended version and old X2/X4 charger is that the new X2/X4 extended version is much longer in charging slot. 20700 and 21700 protected batteries are available on them.

r91085

Newly Enlightened
Hi, the difference between X2/X4 extended version and old X2/X4 charger is that the new X2/X4 extended version is much longer in charging slot. 20700 and 21700 protected batteries are available on them.

How long would the new extended X2/X4 version support ?Colud they support the 78~79mm 21700 ?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
How long would the new extended X2/X4 version support ?Colud they support the 78~79mm 21700 ?

Hi, As the standard protected 21700 batteries' length is around 75mm, and the new extended X4 version can support max 77mm.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Thanks for your kind suggestion! We will feedback to engineers about the USB-C preference!

koshenok_gav

Newly Enlightened
@XTAR
Is there any difference between X2/X4 extended in functionality ? (except obvious 2 / 4 bays)
As well - I don't see 16650 (protected / unprotected / button / flattop) in support list - are those supported by X2/X4 extended?
Thanks!

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Hi there, for X2 and X4 extended, except obvious 2 / 4 bays, X4 extended has 5V USB output, which can supply power to the mobile phone, flashlight, GPS and other devices when outdoors or traveling, while X2 extended doesn't have USB output.

And for compatible batteries, X2/X4 extended version can charge 3.6V/3.7V 14500-26650 Li-ion batteries, 16650 (protected / unprotected / button / flattop) also included.

@XTAR
Is there any difference between X2/X4 extended in functionality ? (except obvious 2 / 4 bays)
As well - I don't see 16650 (protected / unprotected / button / flattop) in support list - are those supported by X2/X4 extended?
Thanks!