Is a mod possible?

Vemice

Enlightened
This is a very old Peak AA prototype. I really like the style (or lack thereof) but the light is rather offputting. I was wondering if it is moldable without going too crazy.
Don't know much about mods so looking for suggestions and modders that may able to do something with it.
AKbhPQdl.jpg

GfEBJJol.jpg

EONpKTSl.jpg

Last edited:

De-Lux

Enlightened
I personally would keep it as it is. You could get someone to update the 5 mm leds to something more current but anything more I would imagine you would really start to change the profile of the light. I have a couple older peaks. their output is pretty lacking compared to more modern lights. The tints are pretty bad too but it is part of what makes them interesting. Makes me appreciate my more modern lights that much more. PM me if you are thinking of selling this light. I would be interested.

Last edited:

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Re: Is a Jodi possible?

I love my Arc lights, I have a couple of AAs and a couple of AAAs and despite the dodgy tints and low outputs wouldn't change them. Keep it as is, it's worth money.

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

archimedes

Flashaholic

These are "potted" and so very difficult to mod without destroying it.

There are a handful of experts here who likely could do that successfully, but I agree with others that if you don't like it "as-is" it might be better to sell it and replace with something you do.

The modding would also be very time-intensive (due to the potting) and thus, costly.

For myself, the older multi-emitter Peaks like this are among my very favorites of what they've created.

Last edited:

Vemice

Enlightened

Kinda figured it would need a complete rebuild. I think what I like about it is the ARC vibe. Would have just replaced the 5mm LEDs with modern ones. May keep it the way it is.

LRJ88

Enlightened

Kinda figured it would need a complete rebuild. I think what I like about it is the ARC vibe. Would have just replaced the 5mm LEDs with modern ones. May keep it the way it is.

I'd also recommend keeping it the way it is, if nothing else because it's the original setup and it won't really ever be the same if you try to change it. Do you have a picture of the beam out of it?