Malkoff        

Thread: MDC - High-Lo Ring?

Default MDC - High-Lo Ring?

I like MDC format a lot, as its slimmer then the MD2.

However, I dislike the L-M-H interface; part of the reason I carry a light is for 'tactical' reasons, so a 'High Only' mode is required.

Is there any way to adapt the MDC to a High-Low (or ideally, High-Medium) interface?

Ie:

Head Tightened = 500-1000lm

Head Loosened = 50-100lm.

That would really make for an ideal 'Tactical/Utility' EDC.

Default Re: MDC - High-Lo Ring?

I like it, would be awesome. I would think a hi lo ring is doable in a E series size. Maybe Gene will see this.

I would buy one. I would also like to see a multi mode with the M31 in warm tint. Pretty sure he make an MDC in High/Med/Low as well as a single mode but I like the idea of the high/Low ring for the MDC just as long as it works for the VME head as well
    Last edited by De-Lux; 02-21-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Default Re: MDC - High-Lo Ring?

My MDC lights don't use a ring at all. I am not sure how easy or difficult that would be to add one. I assume you are aware of the MDC TAC, MDC Bodyguard, and the MDC SHO. That little Bodyguard is awesome, but if you want a true low you will have to carry your MDC LMH too. I would buy a single mode MDC with a high/low ring also. I normally carry two small lights now. If I don't feel I need the high lumen burst of the Bodyguard I carry the TAC if I want more than one mode. I also like the Surefire EDCL1-T with the 2 mode gas pedal for one handed operation.