NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Can this 12 volt battery pack be brought back from the dead?

Flashaholic

Default Can this 12 volt battery pack be brought back from the dead?

Hi:
    I have a pair of heated gloves that use a 3 cell 12 volt 2600mAh battery pack each and I am assuming they are 3 18650's each....anyways after charging with it's wall wart charger,both packs come off at 11.45 and 11.51 volts,but one of the packs goes dead in about 7 minutes after turning on the gloves and reads 0 volt.The battery packs have been sitting for quite a while,maybe 10 years,so I am guessing one is finished,but can it be brought back to life without disassembling the pack? This is the battery pack they use:https://www.google.com/search?q=moti...prTNQV2YLFcbOM Thanks,HB
    Last edited by Hot Brass; 02-21-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    Acebeam K70vn,Supbeam K40vn,XsearcherVN,Ultrafire HD2010,Uniquefire UF-T20, Maglite 6 D-cell with TerraLUX led kit,Fenix TK-41(sold),Fenix PD12,OLight S-10 L2 Baton,Ultrafire C8,Tiablo A-9 with Collimator and Reflector Head,Maglite AA Mini Mag.,Convoy L6

Default Re: Can this 12 volt battery pack be brought back from the dead?

Either the charger isn't working or you have bad cell(s) as it should charge to around 12v, up to 12.6v even.
    I somehow doubt you can get to the bottom of it without taking it apart if you can't access individual battery terminals (4 wires?) then you can't tell what is going on.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Either the charger isn't working or you have bad cell(s) as it should charge to around 12v, up to 12.6v even.
    I somehow doubt you can get to the bottom of it without taking it apart if you can't access individual battery terminals (4 wires?) then you can't tell what is going on.
    Thanks...HB
    Acebeam K70vn,Supbeam K40vn,XsearcherVN,Ultrafire HD2010,Uniquefire UF-T20, Maglite 6 D-cell with TerraLUX led kit,Fenix TK-41(sold),Fenix PD12,OLight S-10 L2 Baton,Ultrafire C8,Tiablo A-9 with Collimator and Reflector Head,Maglite AA Mini Mag.,Convoy L6

A high voltage says nothing.

State of Health is defined by actual mAh **capacity**, the ability to support loads at X amps for Y minutes.

Once that capacity is gone it's gone, sometimes a "resuscitation" protocol might bring say 10-20% back, extend life for a couple dozen more cycles

but back from the dead good as new is a myth