• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Moddoo Ti Clip & Malkoff M91BN 4K and 5K

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few items up for sale:

(1) Moodoo titanium clip for HDS or other 1" bodies, great condition, a few snail trails as you'd expect on Ti. Attempted to weigh this guy but it's so light my scale just says 0.0! Asking $45 via US PP, shipped CONUS. $OLD.

(2) LNIB Malkoff M91BN at 4000K. 3-12v. From the most recent GB. Asking $100 via US PP, shipped CONUS. $OLD.

(3) LNIB Malkoff M91BN at 5000K. 3-12v. From the most recent GB. Asking $100 via US PP, shipped CONUS. $OLD.

The fine print:
*5% discount if you buy both drop-ins.
*Shipping intl possible, but buyer pays additional USPS actual cost above USPS small flat rate box. PM to set this up.
*Group Buy info here.
*Normal rules, first unconditional "I'll take it" in comments gets priority above PMs.
*Want pictures? PM me and I'll send you some. But since these items aren't anodized, dinged, or bent, not sure they'll help much.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Moddoo Ti Clip & Malkoff M91BN 4K and 5K

You got it. Thanks. Headed to post office shortly. Sending PM now.

ledbetter

Enlightened

Hi, gene's website and group buy page both state minimum voltage for drop ins is 5.5. Having a hound dog with same voltage range, I get no light when trying a single li on cell. Is this different? And how do you compare the tint of the xpl led with gene's usual xpg2? Thanks for any info

A few items up for sale:

(1) Moodoo titanium clip for HDS or other 1" bodies, great condition, a few snail trails as you'd expect on Ti. Attempted to weigh this guy but it's so light my scale just says 0.0! Asking $45 via US PP, shipped CONUS.

(2) LNIB Malkoff M91BN at 4000K. 3-12v. From the most recent GB. Asking $100 via US PP, shipped CONUS.

(3) LNIB Malkoff M91BN at 5000K. 3-12v. From the most recent GB. Asking $100 via US PP, shipped CONUS.

The fine print:
*5% discount if you buy both drop-ins.
*Shipping intl possible, but buyer pays additional USPS actual cost above USPS small flat rate box. PM to set this up.
*Group Buy info here.
*Normal rules, first unconditional "I'll take it" in comments gets priority above PMs.
*Want pictures? PM me and I'll send you some. But since these items aren't anodized, dinged, or bent, not sure they'll help much.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't explain why these are special, but they are, verified by INFRNL, the resident SME. See posts 1068 and 1190 from the main M91 thread here. I've personally tested the 5k with 1x18650. No problems. INFRNL has single 18650 runtime specs in the thread I linked to.

Unfortunately, I no longer have an M61 XPG2 (mine was neutral at 4k). But I think the XPL M91BN 4k is sold (actually SPF right now). And I don't want to try to compare a 4k XPG2 to a 5k XPL. I do have a first run M61 XPG snow white 5k (which I was fortunate to buy from @hron61 - thanks buddy!) and I have to admit I like it better than this M91BN XPL. I notice some tint shift in the M91BN XPL in the corona on low using a hi-lo ring. No shift visible to my eyes on the XPG.

Yes, part of me is hoping that my response makes the M91BN less appealing, because I'll probably regret selling it. :banghead:

Last edited:

ledbetter

Enlightened

Thanks for the info. Last question: after reading whole group buy thread, somebody posted they were unhappy with m91 output with hi/lo ring. Would that output be any different from what I'm currently getting with the m61 module? Thanks again.

I can't explain why these are special, but they are, verified by INFRNL, the resident SME. See posts 1068 and 1190 from the main M91 thread here. I've personally tested the 5k with 1x18650. No problems. INFRNL has single 18650 runtime specs in the thread I linked to.

Unfortunately, I no longer have an M61 XPG2 (mine was neutral at 4k). But I think the XPL M91BN 4k is sold (actually SPF right now). And I don't want to try to compare a 4k XPG2 to a 5k XPL. I do have a first run M61 XPG snow white 5k (which I was fortunate to buy from @hron61 - thanks buddy!) and I have to admit I like it better than this M91BN XPL. I notice some tint shift in the M91BN XPL in the corona on low using a hi-lo ring. No shift visible to my eyes on the XPG.

Yes, part of me is hoping that my response makes the M91BN less appealing, because I'll probably regret selling it. :banghead:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good questions.

I believe M61 output is 450 lumens and that the M91B is approx 1000 lumens. On high. M91 is MUCH brighter to me, but I don't have an integrating sphere to validate.

I'm estimating M91 output on low is around 50-100 lumens.

I think the M91 has several distinct advantages.
(1) Higher lumens for more useable flood, and this horsepower provides some addl throw.
(2) Ability to use higher voltage which is more efficient (less resistance) and more watt hours at a given current draw.
(3) Wide input voltage range makes it quite the omnivore.

If any of these are important to you, you might like this drop-in.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

If I may? The Malkoff site does not list the voltage rage correctly. I spoke to gene and he informed me that approximately two years ago they changed drivers which allowed it to go down to 3 Volts. I have done quite a few runtime test and can confirm it runs very well but at a reduced output at 3 V and you can run it at 75 percent power With a 18650. Low is very usable. Sorry for jumping in. These GB 91's are fantastic.

ledbetter

Enlightened

ok, I'll take #3, the 5000k m91. Will pm for PayPal info

Good questions.

I believe M61 output is 450 lumens and that the M91B is approx 1000 lumens. On high. M91 is MUCH brighter to me, but I don't have an integrating sphere to validate.

I'm estimating M91 output on low is around 50-100 lumens.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok, I'll take #3, the 5000k m91.

I should be happy, but :shakehead

Kidding (mostly), hope you like it. PP incoming.

I plan on shipping everything on Mon.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

All sold. Shipping tomorrow. Tracking numbers sent via PM. Thanks guys.