Malkoff M61HOT Neutral groupbuy - Interest Thread

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all!

This is just to gauge interest before I ask Gene if he'd do a custom run for us....

I carry a neutral 18650 Hound Dog on my belt at work everyday and It's a little big at times. I wanted to try something a bit smaller and the M61HOT fits the bill perfectly. It's got plenty of throw, *just* enough spill, and it's half the size. The only downside for me is the cool white color temp.

Please reply below if you're interested in a 4000k XPL HI M61HOT head.

If I feel there is enough interest I'll contact Gene and then PM all interested members with a timeline and price. I'm not going to make money off this endeavor, just looking for the perfect duty light.

INTEREST LIST:
1: desert.snake
2: wicky998
3: Mister S
4: id30209
5: dotCPF

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Malkoff M61HOT Neutral groupbuy

Yes! Especially if he can make an electronically controlled driver, like M361, but only 2 modes - low and max, max first. But even just a neutral head will be fine.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff M61HOT Neutral groupbuy

+1

You looking to get the head setup or the whole light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm thinking just the bare drop-in

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rocco, contact gene see if he'll give you a minimum of how many he would need to place an order . In the front porch thread he said 20 would be minimum For a 61wLLLL . Maybe he'll give you a set number to reach. it may be easier

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll send an email later today. There may also be some reason he doesn't make neutral lights with optics. I'm thinking the tint shift may be more noticeable.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will the neutral LED result in less lux at 1m? I think the cool is 20,000. Hopefully not, but I'm interested, unless it's a really big hit to the throw.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thinking about it now the module might have to be sold in the head because of the optic . The module isn't sold bare like the regular 61's. Might have to ask gene how they'd have to be sold

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Thinking about it now the module might have to be sold in the head because of the optic . The module isn't sold bare like the regular 61's. Might have to ask gene how they'd have to be sold

It wouldn't have to be sold in the head. Just stated that the module will only work with Malkoff lights.Many of us have extra heads laying around and this will make it cheaper and easier to get the GB going.He will sell modules like this alone. You just need to ask him when ordering.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast

It wouldn't have to be sold in the head. Just stated that the module will only work with Malkoff lights.Many of us have extra heads laying around and this will make it cheaper and easier to get the GB going.He will sell modules like this alone. You just need to ask him when ordering.

Thanks TG

Was hoping someone would chime in as I wasn't 100% sure

So you in TG???

thermal guy

Flashaholic

You know, been on the fence with this particular dropping for some time now. It's voltage range and it's inability to go in other hosts I think is the deal breaker for me. I'm sure it's a great piece just not for me. Good luck to you.

wweiss

Enlightened

The M61HOT is a great head out of the box - except for me the tint is too white. If the neutral LED could be used with the same TIR "window" I would be in on a GB.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been looking at an 18650N Hound Dog, so this sounds interesting. How does this compare to the HD?

If someone has both and could post beam shots?