12V Car battery to USB converter?

spyderco monkey

Newly Enlightened
I know there any number of 12v Cigarette to USB adapters.

What I'm wondering is, are there any converters that allow you to charge USB devices directly from a 12V car battery. IE clip to clips to the battery terminals, and start charging USB devices.

The idea is for a blackout / emergency situation, I could charge my flashlight batteries / phone / kindle etc from a spare car battery. Car batteries being much cheaper and move available then large lithium power boxes.

kmac

Newly Enlightened
Actually you don't need the step down converter - you can just plug in a USB socket adapter as they all have the converter built in - I mean something like this

61mcOqMIgXL._SL1500_.jpg

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I googled "blue sea usb" as suggested by john61ct, and came up with a nice dual USB outlet, panel mount, with 1/4" spade lugs on the back. Now you'd need some cheap battery clips (amazon), some wire (anything 22 AWG or thicker), and some crimp lugs (home center).

Or with this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6S2SNM/?tag=cpf0b6-20 the wires and crimps are included, and a fuse too! Just add battery terminals or cut off the rings and add clips. I googled "car battery USB" to find this.

kmac

Newly Enlightened
I had originally posted this to go with the adaptor in the post above but sine forum believes I am a new member ( although not the case) it failed to post

51IDq5nn64L._SL1000_.jpg

Latest posts