Surefire EDC

shane1

Enlightened
Looking for n EDC light. Looking at EDC2L-T, Tactician and Stiletto Pro. Anyone have experience with all three of these?

LRJ88

Enlightened
I'm using the Tactician as an EDC, get a good 16650 battery and you're good to go. If you want to mod it there's a factory of lumens that makes a lot of different Surefire parts so you can make it the way you want.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carried my tactician a lot before I got my Malkoffs and still carry it atleast once a week .

It's a really good light and I enjoyed the bezel up carry opposed to a lot of people disliking it. I carry mine in my back right pocket and it works really good.

The light is bright enough to be used during the day and the low is perfect for nighttime around the house .

Only downfall is the tailcap which is really good for a tactical purpose but for edc it's not fun. I prefer a Clicky for edc. But that's personal preference .

I 2nd the the 16650, I use a keeppower 16650, I forget the mah but It works flawlessly

I've also carried the edcl1t , the smaller version of the 2t and it was great as well I just didn't carry it often so I ended up selling it . I kept my tactician

Wicky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hef

Newly Enlightened
I own many SF lights and recently bought a Stiletto Pro and really like it. When I first saw them online I wasn't sure what to think and dismissed them as a gimmick light. That was until I handled one at the local fun shop, after that I had to have one. It's my favorite light now. No it's not a tactical light but it makes a great EDC. Fits in the pocket great, I love the controls and very bright. Not cheap but worth it in my book. In my humble opinion you get what you pay for with SF.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The EDCL-2T gets too warm for me. 5 amp draw on a pair of regular batteries did not set well with me. SureFire says its safe, but I am reminded that once upon a time Ford said BroncoII's don't easily roll over too. Samsung said their phones don't explode and Toyota said their throttles don't get stuck.

But I tell ya what, that sucker throws a beam a country mile. Easily ID stuff 2 football fields away. I used a 16650 in it that throttled it way back but still allowed a bunch of light out front, but the low was nowhere near as useable. I'd guess 600-700 lumens on the rechargeable. Not bad at all compared to the backup lights of before, yet you lose that whole "yee hah" feeling of the full output.