2 mode AA light...

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I have (had) a Jetbeam BA10. The light was purchased in 2012 and has worked flawlessly until this evening. All of a sudden it would not switch from the high and low mode (twisting of the head), would only stay on high, but flickers, and the tail switch will no longer turn it off, I have to unscrew the head from the body.

BA10 specs:

• Lumen Output: 160/12
  • Runtime: 1.25/30 hrs.

I am looking to purchase a new 2 mode (high/low) AA battery, led light., with a forward clicky. Would like the low to be no more than 15 lumens, preferably under 10. The high can be 150+ lumens.

Suggestions please?

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Olight i5T is worth a look. May be out of stock currently but should be available eventually. There is a review posted on the light but the ones I ordered haven't come in yet to give first hand experience.I really like the similar i3T (AAA) and the now discontinued M1T (CR123) versions.

The AAA i3T meeets the output of the BA10 but can't run as long on the modest AAA.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, I looked at this one last night but could not get past the blue ridges in the body.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's a 3 mode but have you checked out Malkoff's AA? Absolutely fantastic.

Vemice

Enlightened
It's a 3 mode but have you checked out Malkoff's AA? Absolutely fantastic.
+1
jNhfgMbl.jpg

glideher

Newly Enlightened
take a look at the M3 Pro V6-1A Min, i have the first version and its been working amazing for 5 years, uses the Cree XP-L V6, its not AA but rather uses li-ion CR123A, new one can be recharged right within the flash light, amazing little flash light, and about 800 lumins on high mode and 130 on low i think, its small and light weight, you might like it :)

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, I looked at this one last night but could not get past the blue ridges in the body.

The blue ridges are part of a special edition release that benefits the coronavirus victims in Wuhan. I think the regular production models are just going to be black like the i3T.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Klarus used to make one called P1a that was like a 1aa Malkoff with a high/low ring.
110 lumens on high and a low with the twist of the head but I forget how low that was. 15 or thereabouts.
Mine currently had a Malkoff MDC neutral head on it from the 1aa MDC.

You may still find some at the big A or little e. I wanna say it was around $40 when I bought one a few years back.

jrgold

Enlightened
Any light at skylumen that has driver vn can be set to two mode. One of my favorite lights is the D3avn. His tool vn is another option. Some may be 14500 only though, if you email Vinh he can help you find exactly what you want