VideoReview: Fenix PD36R VS Olight M2R PRO

Budda

Enlightened
I've been asked to make a comparison between these Lights, since they are based on the same battery, and have similar size.

Last edited:

colight

Enlightened
Great job, thanks for that!

To be honest, I prefer Fenix PD36R, it is pretty cool!

Budda

Enlightened
I'm glad it works for you.

It is not a bad light, but is has some dealbreakers for me:
Two hands interface (or if you want to use it with one hand You have turn it oon and then you move it in your hand in order to change mode with the thumb)
Cool white Tint
No shortcut to any mode
Have to scroll through all the modes
Low tier sheath
Too narrow beam for being a flood light (I can take the narrowest spills, but they have to come on a light with plenty of throw).

On the other hand, the universal 21700 and universl USB-C port are a nice feature.
But for me, the Olight is a better light.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PD36 UI has been a deal breaker for me too. If it had had the same UI as the PD35 Tac I would have purchased it.

The only light I purchased with that (boring) UI is the PD32 2016 and only because I needed to have a quality light I'd be ready to lose without much grief - and did lose it.

mhpreston

Enlightened
I have to plus one on the Olights. I'm finding them reliable and well featured at a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor1956

Newly Enlightened
I also tried these two and chose the PD36R. Both great lights, with amazing battery life, the PD36R just came out as my favorite.

Deadcell

Newly Enlightened
I don't have the Olight, but I have the PD36R. It's still new to me but so far the throw and spill are perfect for my needs. I have even rigged up a GoPro mound on my dirt bike helmet for it, and also purchased the bike mount for my mountain bike. I like that the Fenix battery can be charged outside the light. ( I don't have an external charger yet. ) I do have three batteries total for it so run times on the trail are not a problem. I really wish it had shortcuts, and wish it had a one lumen feature.