Was this a thing?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Did a flashlight manufacturer ever make a flashlight with a backup incandescent bulb? I thought I heard or saw this many moons ago but might be all confused. Pelican Maybe? It has a toggle switch so if primary bulb blew you just switched to the other bulb. Or am I crazy

archimedes

Flashaholic
There also were very old-school flashlights which held a spare incandescent lamp in the tailcap.

I can't remember which exactly, but I'm sure Mr fixer could ....

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes but the light I'm thinking about had a switch that just turned on the backup bulb. The more I'm thinking about the more I think this existed. Just can't recall who it was

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Years ago TG a company called Yale had multi bulbs in the head but each had a switch and it was meant to be 3 colors, normal, red and blue bulbs.

I have seen lights where you could flip it around and get a red light, but a backup bulb up front I'm drawing a blank.

Many thought Maglite inovated the bulb in the tailcap but Kel-Lite did it before Maglite.

Oh, the Pelican Big D (iirc) had a hi and a lo bulb. Is that what you are thinking of? The bulbs for that one in a hotwired 2c Maglite was called ROP for roar of the Pelican.

I'll bet fivemega would know the answer TG.

sgt253

Enlightened
thermal guy,
Pelican made a light just as you describe. The switch toggled from center (off) to either left or right to turn on. It was a dual filament bulb. If "right" side burnt out, just slide switch "left" for light. Its the Pelican ProLite 4C. I am staring at it on my desk right now. I liked them so much back in '97 that I gave all my groomsmen in my wedding one as a gift. Future father-in-law too...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
thermal guy,
Pelican made a light just as you describe. The switch toggled from center (off) to either left or right to turn on. It was a dual filament bulb. If "right" side burnt out, just slide switch "left" for light. Its the Pelican ProLite 4C. I am staring at it on my desk right now. I liked them so much back in '97 that I gave all my groomsmen in my wedding one as a gift. Future father-in-law too...

And now I can sleep 😂😂. Thank you my friend I was starting to think I made it up.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I like knowing that we can count on CPF collectively to answer these questions ... :sleepy:

Asked and answered, in about three hours time :)

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe check scuba diving suppliers/shops for NOS or used models. That is where I have found UK and Princeton Tec lights in the past.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe thinking of the old Streamlight Twin-Task series? Those had an incandescent and a LED. I used to have one in the car, but stolen during one of many car prowls.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Maybe thinking of the old Streamlight Twin-Task series? Those had an incandescent and a LED. I used to have one in the car, but stolen during one of many car prowls.

See post 6. Sgt figured it out.