Wuben        
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

Iíd be in on 5L
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Got to love us nuts! Just got our hands on 4Lís that are so rare almost no one has them and will run basically on anything for longer then we will ever need and weíre already looking for the next best thing😂😂😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

LOLLLLL.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

How about something SST in neutral?

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post
    How about something SST in neutral?
    The latest run of 4Ls 4K was a sst , although a standard 61L with a sst would be dope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

You know what I was just thinking?

Gene doesnít make the throw or HOT models in neutral or warm because he canít get the beam profile right with the xpl hi.

I wonder if it would work with the sst?

I would be highly interested in a M61N HOT.

Default The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

I would be also !

And honestly I think a lot of guys would , a lot olhave expressed interest but weíre always shot down because genes already tried it and it didnít work out but Iíd like to know the possibilities with this emitter , it may be ok
    Last edited by wicky998; 05-05-2020 at 06:09 PM.

For me the M61HOT with high/ low ring is about the best do everything light when around the property. Has enough throw to see into the woods and enough spill for everything else. Low mode is excellent for when you donít need hi...lol. But a more neutral tint with better rendering would make it ideal.

The M61N is beautiful but lacks the punch for outdoors I want.

I use an M61N for my everyday work light and itís great for that purpose. Iíve got a pocket clip on it and it sits in a cargo pocket with a Velcro flap over it.
    I have to say that the same light I hate carrying in a pocket of a pair of denim jeans. I donít know if itís the thickness or the particular pocket clip. I prefer the thickness of the Bodyguard V2. I use that light for my home defense bag.
    I wish there was a Bodyguard V2 with a high low ring for my home and days off light. Iím honestly thinking of a Surefire Tactician to fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLSCKBEKLSHKL View Post
    I use an M61N for my everyday work light and itís great for that purpose. Iíve got a pocket clip on it and it sits in a cargo pocket with a Velcro flap over it.
    I have to say that the same light I hate carrying in a pocket of a pair of denim jeans. I donít know if itís the thickness or the particular pocket clip. I prefer the thickness of the Bodyguard V2. I use that light for my home defense bag.
    I wish there was a Bodyguard V2 with a high low ring for my home and days off light. Iím honestly thinking of a Surefire Tactician to fill that void.

+1, I'm right there with you. I carry an M61NL in a VME w/1xAA body powered by 14500 for jeans carry most of the time for comfort. This is a compromise because, due to the lack of high and low outputs, it isn't as bright as I'd like it to be in tactical situations, and it's too bright for many other tasks. I much prefer the versatility of the MD2, so I carry that any time I can otherwise, e.g. when I'm wearing cargo pants/shorts. For me it definitely is the thickness that is the issue, but if the clip would allow deeper carry, that would help as well. And yes...I know I can buy a tailcap from OR that allows deeper carry, but I'm not paying $100 for a tailcap/switch.
    Last edited by NutSAK; 05-06-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    - Terry

I use a MD1 with a M61N hi/lo ring and a 18350. Full power or low for close work. And much smaller then a MD2
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    I use a MD1 with a M61N hi/lo ring and a 18350. Full power or low for close work. And much smaller then a MD2
    You could put a zero Rez in that bad boy and run a 18500

It's not any thinner. The length difference between an MD2 and MD1 is a minor detail to me, so I'd much rather have the MD2. But I've already discussed that.

Many times when I'm wearing jeans I don't carry a Malkoff at all. I won't name the makers here in the Malkoff forum, but there are other more pocket-able lights that have a tactical UI. That's fine, I still love my Malkoffs and use them daily. A more pocket-able Malkoff with high/low UI is just a wish so I can have a Malkoff for every occasion!
    - Terry

Quote Originally Posted by NutSAK View Post
    It's not any thinner. The length difference between an MD2 and MD1 is a minor detail to me, so I'd much rather have the MD2. But I've already discussed that.

Many times when I'm wearing jeans I don't carry a Malkoff at all. I won't name the makers here in the Malkoff forum, but there are other more pocket-able lights that have a tactical UI. That's fine, I still love my Malkoffs and use them daily. A more pocket-able Malkoff with high/low UI is just a wish so I can have a Malkoff for every occasion!
    Totally agree. Itíll the V2 bodyguard had a 20 lm low with 1000 lumen high itd be perfect. The clip makes it run too deep in the pocket for quick access. If something like a Tactician clip were on it itíd be sweet.

Or a knurled XP-L with high/low maybe? XP-L with a little more juice.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLSCKBEKLSHKL View Post
    Itíll the V2 bodyguard had a 20 lm low with 1000 lumen high itd be perfect. The clip makes it run too deep in the pocket for quick access.
    +1

Some stainless bezels (crenulated and non crenulated) for the e2xt would be cool

5L is the malkoff limbo... crazy low, but interesting!
    ďExpertsĒ are wrong about half the time. And there are two reasons for the crenelations... [My_Lights]

Quote Originally Posted by wicky998 View Post
    Some stainless bezels (crenulated and non crenulated) for the e2xt would be cool
    yep, +1 for this

M61NF with SST's anyone?
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

Default The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    M61NF with SST's anyone?

Iíd be all over this

I would be in for a 5L in 5k. I would also be interested in a M31LLLL for single AA runtime.

I actually talked to gene about a 5L. Said with the drivers it really would not work well with a 5L. Would be way to much variance in output and runtime. Guess weíre stuck with crappy 4Lís 😁

Anybody in my boat with partly drained primaries stacking up that you donít want to use in your performance lights? Iíve got one m31L but would love another in LL or LLL in neutral or warm to use up those batteries. Maybe in SST?

Got so many I canít count. Iím waiting for dat to make a 3 volt battery vampire. Till then I run some in a peak 123. It drains them so low itís crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    M61NF with SST's anyone?
    I'm game as well, kind of what I want to do with a LLLL.

I actually talked to gene about a 5L. Said with the drivers it really would not work well with a 5L. Would be way to much variance in output and runtime. Guess weíre stuck with crappy 4Lís 

HEH, well I think that may be for the best, because I'd like to put this in a flooder module if he still has the parts to make them like the old-school M60Fs. Maybe I could find something similar. Just trying to work on one thing at a time so I'm not bombarding all kinds of mad science projects.

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post
    Anybody in my boat with partly drained primaries stacking up that you donít want to use in your performance lights? Iíve got one m31L but would love another in LL or LLL in neutral or warm to use up those batteries. Maybe in SST?

Seems like there is great cause for an M31 LLL?

I'll put up a GB list for "M31 LLL vampire" and M61F SST and M61F SST Low-of-some-sort.
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Donít think Iíd be interested in a M31LLL to get rid of used 123ís but A M61/M91 flood? Maybe.Id have to see the beam as right now I put some DC-FIX on mine if need be and it really puts out a dam nice beam.Much brighter then my M60F of course but very floody.
    Last edited by thermal guy; 05-15-2020 at 08:21 AM.

M61F SST-20 4000K

M61F LLLL SST-20 4000K
    M31 Vampire L-of-some-sort SST-20 4000K

I am in for all.

but I stay here thinking ...
    could it be traditional m61 models?

so we would have more adherents to the buying group.

just put a dc-fix tape on the lens of traditional models to make it flood.

See thatís my thinking. If DC-FIX works the same is there a need for a flood option.A new diffuser on them may be a better option may not. Without seeing the results first we wonít know and not sure if gene would make a working prototype to show us before he proceeds. Thatís a lot of work.

That's a reasonable solution. I'm OK with that ultimately.
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast