HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 223

Thread: E2XT Heads

  1. #31
    *Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Then itís definitely the body or the adapter for his 18650 tube.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  2. #32

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    What 18650 cell are you using? A flat top IMR for example may not be long enough to make contact between adapter and switch spring.

    If you're using a protected button top there should be no contact issue.

  3. #33
    *Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    It could also be that the lengths are off from the tubes. The 16650 tube may be a little longer. You have a small magnet or something you can use as a spacer to put in the tube with your cell? It may be that your batteries are not making contact.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  4. #34
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,741

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Magnets can cause short circuits. There are ways to limit the risks, but people should be aware of those.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  5. #35
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    Anyone else have any problems with using the e2xtd head on the MALKOFF 18650 body? I can't seem to make it work

    Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk


    Let us know what gene says .

    He may give you some other way to get it to work , apparently heís tried on that body



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

  6. #36

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Then itís definitely the body or the adapter for his 18650 tube.
    The e2ht works on this body no problem

    Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  7. #37

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Lumens View Post
    What 18650 cell are you using? A flat top IMR for example may not be long enough to make contact between adapter and switch spring.

    If you're using a protected button top there should be no contact issue.
    Lg he4

    Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  8. #38

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    Lg he4
    This one?

    See my post above.

    The battery is too short. The spring on the E2HT head might be just long enough to establish contact, the spring on the E2XTD just a bit short. In either case, the flat top INR cell (which is considerably shorter than a protected button top) is failing to compress the head and switch springs enough to maintain reliable contact. This from the malkoff website;

    Description

    This MDC 18650 flashlight body will allow you to power your Malkoff MDC and E-Series/Scout Heads with a single 18650 protected button top battery. Flat top batteries will need a spacer. It will NOT WORK on the new Surefire DF Series Heads. They have a larger thread pattern.

    Once you are using a longer protected button-top (or a 5mm spacer with the INR flat top), let us know if you have any further difficulty.

  9. #39
    Tachead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,870

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    ^Yep exactly^

    Get one of these in 5mm or a button top cell and your problems should be solved...

    https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/...-spacers-16mm/

    Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

  10. #40

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Lumens View Post
    This one?

    See my post above.

    The battery is too short. The spring on the E2HT head might be just long enough to establish contact, the spring on the E2XTD just a bit short. In either case, the flat top INR cell (which is considerably shorter than a protected button top) is failing to compress the head and switch springs enough to maintain reliable contact. This from the malkoff website;

    Description

    This MDC 18650 flashlight body will allow you to power your Malkoff MDC and E-Series/Scout Heads with a single 18650 protected button top battery. Flat top batteries will need a spacer. It will NOT WORK on the new Surefire DF Series Heads. They have a larger thread pattern.

    Once you are using a longer protected button-top (or a 5mm spacer with the INR flat top), let us know if you have any further difficulty.
    That's the one. I'll try a protected cell

    Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    I'm surprised at the size of the optic Gene was able to fit into the head. It's larger than the HOT's.

    I also found out by accident that the head has two pieces, sorta like a VME.

  12. #42

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    I'm impressed with the throw from this light.

    I really hope we see a MD2 version designed for 18650's.

  13. #43

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I'm impressed with the throw from this light.

    I really hope we see a MD2 version designed for 18650's.
    Thereís GB for this matter...


    Sent from Tapatalk

  14. #44
    *Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    For anyone thatís got one of these bad boys. For the 6 volt model runtime is not horrible with a 16650. Now I know with my other Malkoffís the higher the voltage the more output so will you get full power on a 16650? 15-20 minutes with a couple of 123ís wonít really work for me
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    My E2XT generates 46,500 lux at 1 meter from two brand new Surefire CR123s. My meter gives a reading of 46,800 lux from a freshly charged KeepPower 2500 mAh 16650. Even if the lux from a 16650 were a bit lower, the increased run time would be well worth it. I don't use many 16650s in weapon lights, but this one won't be driven by primaries.

    My meter always reads lower lux levels than the advertised spec. I should confirm at what distance my meter matches the specs and test it with other Malkoff heads.

    I didnít notice it before, but the headís label seems to state E2SHT.......E2 Super Hyper Throw? I pulled out the real camera and confirmed it by taking a photo and zooming in.
    Last edited by Grizzman; 03-12-2020 at 07:50 PM.

  16. #46
    *Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Thanks grizz. I was hoping for that. If I get this it will definitely run on 16650ís.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  17. #47
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Thanks grizz. I was hoping for that. If I get this it will definitely run on 16650ís.
    +1

    Iíll be going stop by my local gun shop and looking at a edcl2t for this


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

  18. #48

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    I didn't realize that the light mentioned above has that type of tailcap. I just screwed the E2XT onto an LX2 body. As expected low is more like a medium level, much brighter than an 200 lumen E2D LED Defender on low.

  19. #49
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    I didn't realize that the light mentioned above has that type of tailcap. I just screwed the E2XT onto an LX2 body. As expected low is more like a medium level, much brighter than an 200 lumen E2D LED Defender on low.
    Nice !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

  20. #50
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Would one head over the other work better for that particular style of switch?

    Iím really looking at picking one of these up with a edcl2t.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

  21. #51

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    All of the M61s and heads that Iíve tried have worked equally well. Heads with more spill work better on low, at short range, than ones with minimal spill.

  22. #52
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads


    Just sharing this

    If anyone wanted to know how it looks on a edcl1t body/tailcap


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

  23. #53

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    I see what looks to be a kersaw Cali legal twitch, oh wait you got a e2sht. How's the run time on that set up

    Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  24. #54
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    I asked him the same question.

    Sorry I forgot to mention in my previous post I found this on ig.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

  25. #55

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Run time has to be around 5-7 min. I'm just guessing

    Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  26. #56
    Flashaholic* marco.weiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    hey wicky998.
    does the gaspedal works on the e2xt?

  27. #57
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by marco.weiss View Post
    hey wicky998.
    does the gaspedal works on the e2xt?
    Canít confirm brother that isnít mine.

    But I must say that it should , this isnít the first time Iíve seen that head on a gas pedal light .

    I want to do this with the edcl2t


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

  28. #58
    Flashaholic* wacbzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North of the South
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Anyone have a suggestion for removing the E2XT head from the 18650 body without also removing the E size adapter? I love the head and really love the 18650 body, but to remove the head, the adapter always unscrews from the body and is then stubborn as a mule to unscrew from the E2XT head. Is the o-ring just a smidge too large? Or am I the only one this is happening to?

    I really like my E2 Super Head - well, love it actually, and like it on the 18650 body. However, I bought the 18650 body for the E2XT head because of the runtime, but swapping them out is a real pain in the dumper. I always have to use something to unscrew the adapter. Every. Single. Time. This just doesnít seem right to me...

    I could just buy another 18650 body and then not worry about swapping the heads, but I wonít have money for that until my stimulus check gets here.

  29. #59

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion for removing the E2XT head from the 18650 body without also removing the E size adapter? I love the head and really love the 18650 body, but to remove the head, the adapter always unscrews from the body and is then stubborn as a mule to unscrew from the E2XT head. Is the o-ring just a smidge too large? Or am I the only one this is happening to?

    I really like my E2 Super Head - well, love it actually, and like it on the 18650 body. However, I bought the 18650 body for the E2XT head because of the runtime, but swapping them out is a real pain in the dumper. I always have to use something to unscrew the adapter. Every. Single. Time. This just doesnít seem right to me...

    I could just buy another 18650 body and then not worry about swapping the heads, but I wonít have money for that until my stimulus check gets here.
    I use a little loc-tite p on the body. Also don't tighten it so much. Doing this will allow you to unscrew the head as one piece.

    Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  30. #60
    wicky998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Mardi Gras City
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: E2XT Heads

    What lubricate are you using?

    I use nyogel, superlube or haynes

    You could always add a drop or two of some oil like remoil or nano oil


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •