Prometheus        
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: E2XT Heads

Default Re: E2XT Heads

Only in the small heads the throw is better with a TIR, but we all know that. The M3XS-UT is the same size or smaller than the Hound Dog Super, less lumens and kills the Super Hound Dog. 70,000 candela vs 250,000 for a same sized light.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Sparky View Post
    My use for e2ht is for the times when I am dressed for a lighter carry, but still want to accompany my main task light with a potent thrower.
    Its a nice looking setup on a MALKOFF 16650 body

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    Basically I want an e-mount thrower. This will be a second light that I use only if I want to spot something. Primary will be a more floody light. Runtime for the spotter isn’t as important for my use. I may even use it on an e35 body. What would you guys suggest?
    E35 will work as long as you don't mind the decreased runtime.

I don’t think that will fit on an e35 I have an acebeam k75 for a monster thrower

Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    E35 will work as long as you don't mind the decreased runtime.
    Ok thanks

I missed the E2SHT or was sleeping when it was released. What are the specs on it? It looks better than the E2HT.

Never mind... I see it's a nickname for the E2XT lol my bad.
    Last edited by Cree XHP 70 LED; 04-05-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Gene has it on his site as a e2xtd, but the head of engraved e2sht. Not sure why

Oh, i was completely confused too, makes sense now

[IMG][/IMG]

control
    [IMG][/IMG]

E2HT

[IMG][/IMG]

E2XTD

[IMG][/IMG]

E2XT 18650

[IMG][/IMG]

E2XT 2xCR123

[IMG][/IMG]

I tested the following batteries, the highest current reading at the tail I got with Red Samsung 18650 that I used to perform this test. On E2XTD I got at 3.5 Amp, and 2.2 Amp on E2XT ( 2.1 Amp using 2x 123A). In short, I can barely tell the difference between the two. E2XT has advantage of ability to use either 4.2v or 6v source, drawing less current without perceived reduction in output, is a winner in my book.

[IMG][IMG][/IMG]

E2XTD on left, E2XT on right

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Seattle Sparky; 04-06-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Nice comparison, thank you for posting. Does the e2xtd look brighter in person or just have a slightly larger hotspot? Does it seem to have more throw?

Nice comparison, thank you for posting. Does the e2xtd look brighter in person or just have a slightly larger hotspot? Does it seem to have more throw?
    Barely, I have hard time distinguishing it, may be at some particular distance, in a darker environment, it may become more obvious. But in my limited testing it very hard to tell. Maybe 10% or less difference in size of spot and intensity..
    Last edited by Seattle Sparky; 04-06-2020 at 01:09 AM.

Default E2XT Heads

Here are some of my lights I consider true throwers, 200 lumen hds is not, but used as a point of reference.. Beamshot photos are in the order as they are in group photos. Fenix TK61VN ,S200c2VN, E2SHT (E2XTD), E2ht ,TX25C2VN, HDS, control.
    In my opinion Genes lenses do better than the reflector of the same size, in terms of throw. Although, E2SHT is using acebeam high discharge 16340, reading almost 3A at tailswitch. Using 18650 could still increase the output by some margin.
    Wow, that E2SHT looks very compact!! How is the runtime on one 16340? Is the output much lower vs a 18650?

What did you put in place for the removed clip?

Quote Originally Posted by TomK85 View Post
    Wow, that E2SHT looks very compact!! How is the runtime on one 16340? Is the output much lower vs a 18650?

What did you put in place for the removed clip?
    I never tested a run time but I presume it would be around 10-15 min using 16340.
    Using Acebeam 16340 , the output is basically same as 18650, reading 3.4A at tail switch.
    Efest 2.1 Amp and AW only 1.5 Amp. Illustrates how choice of batteries is important.
    Clip is just grounded off, I have a spare to put back if needed.
    Last edited by Seattle Sparky; 04-06-2020 at 02:31 AM.

I never tested a run time but I presume it would be around 10-15 min using 16340.
    Using Acebeam 16340 , the output is basically same as 18650, reading 3.4A at tail switch.
    Efest 2.1 Amp .
    Thanks! I have some vapcells 800mah 16340. Need to test how much these can handle

I will be doing beamshots of a lot of lights on April 22. I am waiting until the next new moon so I can get the darkest ambient light possible. Yes, I am obsessive. I am still trying to locate the best spot for the shoot. Did a 4 mile recon today in the woods for the best location.

E2XT I’m thinking is what I’m getting. I don’t really see much of a difference between that and the direct drive model and the ability to run up to 6 volts and have much longer runtimes is a big plus!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

“ Wow, that E2SHT looks very compact!! How is the runtime on one 16340? “

Gene list 10-15 minutes full power on a 16650/2500 mah. If you use a 700-750 mah 16340 I’m thinking you would get 5 minutes max!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

It's useless to run a e2sht on anything other than a 3500mah 18650.

I could see myself using one with a edcl1t body and gas pedal switch and a 16340 alongside a x300 for a nightstand weapon light . For a quick blast of light. It wouldn’t get used often and if it did it wouldn’t be longer than 5 minutes , if that.

Although I’d want it more on a edcl2t for the body length more less.

But regardless..

one persons useless is another persons useful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

I wasn't trying to come off as rude. All the lights I own are used for edc/tactical. I need at least 20min out of a E2 considering I carry a gun everyday.

You got me curious. I did a Run time test with E2XT (E2SHT 3.4-6 v) using AW 16340. Total test 25 minutes, after which it still produced 30-50 lumens with a usable throw. Battery got discharged to 2.78V.

Control, got a bright moon today
    [IMG][/IMG]

fully charged

[IMG][/IMG]

10 minutes

[IMG][/IMG]

15 min

[IMG][/IMG]

25 minutes [IMG]

Aim at a bush tree

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like 50 lumens
    IMG][/IMG]

Ceiling bounce, dark room
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Seattle Sparky; 04-06-2020 at 11:27 PM.

The xt is more versatile than the sht. I jumped the gun a tad early without thinking and ordered the sht on the day of release

The xt is more versatile than the sht. I jumped the gun a tad early without thinking and ordered the sht on the day of release
    You are confusing me. Lets establish these names correctly.

E2HT 3.4-6 v ,1" head , regulated ~2.2 Amps, on Malkoff site listed as E2 Hyper throw
    E2SHT 3.4-4.2 v ,1.25" head, direct drive ~3.5 Amps, on Malkoff site listed as E2XTD
    E2SHT 3.4-6 v , 1.25" Head , regulated ~2.2 Amps, on Malkoff site listed as E2XT

And for a gun use , unless you anticipate engaging at a long range, why not use something with more flood and softer hotspot? Something like MD2 HOT comes to mind.
    Last edited by Seattle Sparky; 04-06-2020 at 11:35 PM.

I wasn't trying to come off as rude. All the lights I own are used for edc/tactical. I need at least 20min out of a E2 considering I carry a gun everyday.
    I wasn’t a cussing you of being rude bud .

Just stating a case I guess .

Five minutes for a weapon light (to me) could essentially be “enough”

..Isaiah 54:17...

You are confusing me. Lets establish these names correctly.

E2HT 3.4-6 v ,1" head , regulated ~2.2 Amps, on Malkoff site listed as E2 Hyper throw
    E2SHT 3.4-4.2 v ,1.25" head, direct drive ~3.5 Amps, on Malkoff site listed as E2XTD
    E2SHT 3.4-6 v , 1.25" Head , regulated ~2.2 Amps, on Malkoff site listed as E2XT

And for a gun use , unless you anticipate engaging at a long range, why not use something with more flood and softer hotspot? Something like MD2 HOT comes to mind.
    Yes, the e2ht (typo on my part). But I regularly take coyotes at 100 meters+. Being able to temporally stun them with light is helpful. And if I need a combo of spill and throw I have a 91t. Still waiting on the 61 hot to be restocked.
    Last edited by Fish 14; 04-06-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wicky998 View Post
    I wasn’t a cussing you of being rude bud .

Just stating a case I guess .

Five minutes for a weapon light (to me) could essentially be “enough”

Ya, there's always is a option to carry a couple spare batteries

Yes, the e2ht (typo on my part). But I regularly take coyotes at 100 meters+. Being able to temporally stun them with light is helpful. And if I need a combo of spill and throw I have a 91t. Still waiting on the 61 hot to be restocked.
    Oh, got it, my bad. For some reason I assumed it was for a self defense situation .

Speaking of cussing, whenever I read E2SHT, I read it as eating something less than desirable. I’m glad gene changed the name

Speaking of cussing, whenever I read E2SHT, I read it as eating something less than desirable. I’m glad gene changed the name
    Haha. Kinda looks like it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast