Violet/Purple LED

Genes

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of a good source of 420 nm, violet 5mm leds? My longtime source has dried up. Preferably 20+ degrees and 1000 mcd.

Genes

Newly Enlightened
I need 6-8 right now for a prototype. I will be glad to buy them, just let me know the details.

Genes

Newly Enlightened
I have dozens in the 390-410 nm range but they are the wrong color. I have finally found some in the 420-440 range that seem to be a good fit for my project, but they are 5050 not 5mm. Thanks for offering.

JoakimFlorence

Newly Enlightened
Well, I don't know what the end use is for, but they also make "violet" / "purple" LEDs that are just 450nm blue with a tiny bit of red phosphor overlaid onto it. Honestly, the quality of the light I can barely tell the difference between true violet wavelength light. These fake violet LEDs will be brighter with a bit better efficiency, if all you want them for is the color and ambience.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't know what the end use is for, but they also make "violet" / "purple" LEDs that are just 450nm blue with a tiny bit of red phosphor overlaid onto it. Honestly, the quality of the light I can barely tell the difference between true violet wavelength light. These fake violet LEDs will be brighter with a bit better efficiency, if all you want them for is the color and ambience.

Fake violet is for sure, red+blue=purple, not monochromatic; violet is distinct wavelength.

Dave