Splicing an Olight Tape Switch to a Insight Dual Pad

skifast

Newly Enlightened
I have a Insight Dual Pad that works with my DBAL(Laser/IR Laser Illuminator). The second lead works with Insight lights, but I have an Olight PL Pro. The Olight has a tape switch that attaches to the light via a magnetic connector.

Thinking it is a switch with two wires, all I need to do is splice the two wires in the Dual Pad lead to the two wires in the Olight switch. I cut and stripped the wires. The Insight dual pad has an insulated wire running down the center and a braided wire encircling the insulated wire. I stripped the insulated wire and twisted the braided wire. The Olight has two wires. One has thin insulation. I burned off the insulation.

I spliced the wires together. Tried the switch and it does not work. I tried reversing the wires spliced. Still does not work. What am I missing?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 200 Ohm resistor. Give or take...at least that is what I measured across the terminals of my magnetic tape switch for my PL-Pro. Also there didn't seem to be anything to polarize the connection so just a resistor in line with one of them should be enough, although I can't say that with any certainty. Olight actually went to the effort of making it so that a random ferrous object being attracted to the contacts on the light would NOT short them out and cause a fire while it was stored.