• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam K65GTvn - Ideal Searchlight Size R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
PURCHASE HERE

cilVOIY.jpg

iFlwSbX.jpg

kUKt20R.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
I love how Acebeam designed the cooling fins on this light. The fact that it's just a little smaller than the TN42 and has the addition of a top handle, makes this light very practical in my eyes. The TN42 is a great light but it's always just been a tad too big for me to get as much use out of it as I'd like to. The K65GT kind of reminds me of the old Manker MK35.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This is likely the best size for mos normal hands. K30GT is the best for my small hands.
I think this is an excellent all around high performance light! Officially better than the TN42 IMO.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Any comparison shots of this and the k30gtvn? I'm liking the size of this also.

Beam shots would close to identical since they basically use the same reflector.
Pick K65GTvn for more runtime a d a bit more performance.
Pick T28vn if you a a big fan of VN4 and rear clicky which I am. The size is also more manageable for me too.

However if you have doubt on which to get just get the K65GTvn. Its cheaper and you get more light for your $$$$.

K75vn is a dream thrower but only in terms of performance. Too dang big to bring any where for me.

LEP are more or less toys besides some very specific uses.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh, I think Badtziscool was asking about beam comparisons between the K30GTvn and the K65GTvn.. which of course, don't use the same reflector. I'm guessing you were probably thinking T28vn90 vs K65GTvn, which do have similar reflectors. I think there's a 5-7mm difference between them.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, I think Badtziscool was asking about beam comparisons between the K30GTvn and the K65GTvn.. which of course, don't use the same reflector. I'm guessing you were probably thinking T28vn90 vs K65GTvn, which do have similar reflectors. I think there's a 5-7mm difference between them.

My fault My fault :p

Patriot

Flashaholic
Any comparison shots of this and the k30gtvn? I'm liking the size of this also.

So badtzicool, your best comparison right now would be the beamshot for the T28vn90 here (it won't be exact but it will be really close)
and the K30GTvn beamshot here. As you can see, the T28vn90 and K65GTvn will have much smaller hot spots with way more intensity than the K30GTvn. Those beamshots were on different days, of course but it gives and idea of the beam shape.

Last edited:

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
A bit off topic Vinh but I've got a K70 with the XHP 35Hi which has the rear clicky and the selector ring to pick output.

How hard would it be to swap the XHP 35 with the SBT 90 and keep the selector ring functioning?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
So badtzicool, your best comparison right now would be the beamshot for the T28vn90 here (it won't be exact but it will be really close)
and the K30GTvn beamshot here. As you can see, the T28vn90 and K65GTvn will have much smaller hot spots with way more intensity than the K30GTvn. Those beamshots were on different days, of course but it gives and idea of the beam shape.

Thanks Patriot. Your link to the pics doesn't work but if you're pointing to your post in another thread, then I did see them. That helped a lot.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks Patriot. Your link to the pics doesn't work but if you're pointing to your post in another thread, then I did see them. That helped a lot.

Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the links. They were pointing to beamshots on the skylumen website. The first link has a beamshot from the T28vn90 on the T28vn90 product page, the second link has a beamshot from the K30GTvn on its product page. They help with being able to see the shape of the beam. My own beamshots are with the T27vn90 and K30GTvn, but I'm glad they were helpful. Thanks!