Tiara C1 Pro battery drain

desmobob

Enlightened
I have a Tiara Pro and a Wizard Pro headlamp and they are, by far, my favorite headlamps.

Lately, my Tiara Pro has been dead after sitting for a while between uses. I replaced the rechargeable battery, figuring that was the problem, and the light worked fine. The next time I tried to use the light, the battery was dead again.

This time, after putting in another, proven battery, I loosened the tail cap. Two weeks later, the light worked fine. I then tightened the tail cap. Two weeks later, the battery was dead.

Is there anything I should check before sending it back to Armytek? I've had the light a while and I know I don't have my original proof of purchase. I've changed e-mails a couple of times since then, too, and I can't get signed in to my Armytek account.

desmobob

Enlightened
My replacement arrived today and I am happy! It feels good to have the Tiara C1 Pro back in my gear drawer.

I use my Tiara when spending any time away from home. The lowest firefly setting makes for the perfect "nightlight" which I really think is important for safety and security when you're staying in a strange place. If you're somewhere unfamiliar and there is an emergency and/or power outage, or you just have to get up during the night, it is nice to immediately see your surroundings and be able to find your things, navigate, etc.

For backpacking, I use an ArmyTek Wizard Pro and the Tiara C1 Pro as back-up. The TIR flood beam is so easy to work under compared to a beam with a strong hot spot. The Tiara is also my favorite hunting headlamp. It's small and light but can light the way to and from my stand in the dark and can provide plenty of light for post-sunset field dressing. Again, the TIR flood beam is perfect for field-dressing... throwy beams can be very frustrating for working in the dark.

I have a drawer full of headlamps from Black Diamond, Petzl, Nite Core and Zebralight, but the ArmyTek Wizard Pro and Tiara Pro are my most-used lights that get grabbed first.

desmobob

Enlightened
Update: It's hunting season and the Tiara C1 Pro gets me to my hunting spot before daylight with just the amount of light I need... Main 1 for the walk into the woods and Firefly 3 for sneaking the last hundred yards or so. Perfect. I really enjoy my Tiara headlamp. I hope this one is trouble free for many years!

6kLR1AU.jpg

Last edited: