Once upon a time...

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once upon a time...

...I had an hobby, which consisted in buying, and enjoying, good expensive flashlights.
I also enjoyed discussions with friends over this board about flashlights.
One day, about four months ago, my Santa said: no more toys for you, and the explanations were at most unsatisfactory.

I wrote to the Head Office in Lappony, and I was answered that Santa delivers, for the time being, only to penguins.

In the meantime, my last lamp assembly blew out, all red 123 cells died, and now I have a series of expensive flashlight bodies waiting to be revived.

The daemon of the flashaholism didn't stop here. I started to order parts and toys from all Web sites that said to have Santa's goods. I called dealers, made arrangement, paid in advance.

The lights stayed shut. The unobvious word was "backorder". What does it mean? I cannot play any longer?

One day, one moment in time, this feared word, "backorder", will cease my unstoppable flow of tears... my wallet empty all at once, and me happy, lightful and elated again.
Maybe.

For now, I'm living in misery, and asking your company and comprehension.

Anthony

Kiessling

Flashaholic
a good post.
no solution from me.
for batteries you might try ebay, can get them there for more or less reasonalble prices in Europe, too (about €25 per 10)
but I think I understand that battereis are the least of your concerns though.
bernhard