FCW/SM/GT#16 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - MAY 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
party.gif
FCW/SM/GT#16 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - May 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Time to plan ahead for the next get together! SAVE THE DATE: May 1st, 2nd, 3rd. At Stokes State Park located in NJ.

For the past few years we have been combining the FCW (Flashaholics Camping Weekend) and the FSM (Flashaholics Swap Meet) as well as a general invite to get together. It is time for a new name to represent these combined events moving forward. Get ready, because I got real creative with this.... FCW/SM/GT#16 LOL (Flashaholics Camping Weekend/Swap Meet/Get Together#16) the #16 represents that this is the 16th such event. Obviously that number will increase with each new event.

FCW/SM/GT#16 Is a 3 day/2night camping trip / swap meet to buy-sell-swap lights, knives, and other cool stuff / as well as a general get together where people can come for the day, stay the night, or just join us for however long there can, and enjoy the company of other like minded individuals who share the same interests.

New name -- new location, kind of! We have had a previous event at Stokes, but not at this site. Special thanks to Stan for suggesting this location. Stan and I spent a Saturday driving around to several State Parks and campgrounds to find the most appropriate spot for this event, and we came up with site Z at Stokes.

Some highlights of our sites. They are a nice short walk away from modern flush toilets and showers. They are close to a lake, are mostly open field spots, with some shaded areas - all nice and grassy, they have the usual fire rings and picnic tables, and get full cell phone coverage. And there is even a covered gazebo with several tables and power outlets to charge our batteries! The gazebo is a permanent structure that has a few picnic tables under it. Based on some past events where we had some rain, this will serve as a really welcome addition should we get a rainy day. It also offers a nice shady spot should the sun be abundant.

No matter what location I pick it will be a long ride for someone to get to, and no matter what date I pick it will be good/bad for someone. So I apologize for any inconveniences, and I hope that everyone can make the time to make the journey, and joins us for what is sure to be a great time.

COST: The cost will be based on how many people show up. We will simply equally divide the total by the number of people who stay. Anyone who comes just for a day/visit is welcome to toss a few dollars into helping pay for the rental of the spots. Special thanks to Stan for reserving the spots and laying out the money in advance.

The sites is called group site Z.

It always amazes me that the FCW events don't draw as many people as the "in-a-house" get togethers. It just seems like a natural to me that flashlight lovers would be looking for the perfect excuse to use there lights...camping. Anyway, even if you don't want to stay overnight in a tent, you can join the get together for the day/evening etc.

I'll try to reach out to the usual "regulars" that have participated in previous FCWs, PFs, and FSMs - but PLEASE HELP OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD about FCW/SM/GT#16. These get together threads seem to be missed quite often. Anyone who isn't a jerk is welcome to come.

Come and meet other Flashaholics, show off your lights, check out lights others have brought with them to show or sell.

If you are planning on attending please let me know by posting here in this thread.

THINGS TO BRING: Your lights to sell / money to buy lights from others / a chair / a table if you need one to display your lights / something to eat or drink if you want.

Come to BUY, come to SELL, come to TRADE, come to CHECK OUT OTHER LIGHTS, come to SHOW OFF YOUR LIGHTS, come to JUST HANG OUT WITH FELLOW FLASHLIGHT ENTHUSIASTS!

In the past Dorcy Flashlights and Life+Gear have always provided door prizes, giveaways, and lights for review. I will reach out to them again this year to see if they can send some stuff our way.

IMPORTANT: At our last event I did get some complaints about some people staying up very, very late (well after midnight) making excessive noise. Additionally, in the morning several empty bear bottles and cans were found laying on the ground around the fire pit. Additionally, some people were smoking around the fire pit as well. That is not what this event is about. I don't judge anyone on what they want to do on there own time, in there own space -- and with that being said, Stan and I have discussed this, and are in complete agreement that drugs, alcohol, or any disrespectful behavior of any sort will not be tolerated at this, and future events.

I will start an attendees list below. I hope to see you all there! --Tim (KartRacer31)

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATES:

1. 3/16/20 -- When Stan and I spent the day going around checking out campground locations for FCW/SM/GT#16 the COVID-19 virus was not making as big of an impact as it currently is. With that being said, we are keeping a close eye on things, and if needed, we will be rescheduling this event. I saw a recent notification that some state parks in PA were closed due to COVID-19 concerns, we will see if NJ closes its state parks as well. Please stay tuned into this thread for updates.

2. 3-17-20 -- Unfortunately FCW/SM/GT#16 is officially canceled due to COVID-19. However, we are already looking forward to rescheduling it in the fall. Until then, stay well.

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
How cool! Thanks Tim and Stan for putting this together.

I've passed through Stokes almost every year for the last 20 years, and have always been curious about the camping there. A lot of reviews are very positive, and upon looking at pics, and watching some videos it appears there may be plenty of downed wood in various areas of the park to chop up. I'll definitely bring my mini-splitter, but don't yet have a good saw. That may change soon (looking to get a Silky) but perhaps someone should bring one just in case.

I'm guilty of two of the three stated offenses, so I'll be certain to be on good behavior.

Now, I gotta' start putting a couple mods together for this!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone:

Unfortunately FCW/SM/GT#16 is officially canceled due to COVID-19. However, we are already looking forward to rescheduling it in the fall. Until then, stay well. --Tim

carrot

Flashaholic
I bought so many flashlights in anticipation of FCW.

I guess they will have to wait for fall.

I might have more lights by then.

Until next time guys, and please, stay safe out there!

Latest posts