Tail cap switch question

jackinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I have an Rigid Industry's 800 lumen flashlight that I mount to my shotgun. The flashlight has 5 modes and when I shoot it switches modes. Is there something I can do ie. machine a cap that I screw tight to contact or is there replacement switches for another light I could use. I would prefer high only. I've tried to search threads here but haven't found much. Thanks

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a model number or anything? The recoil of a shotgun is a little harsh it may just not be able to withstand it

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The recoil could be jarring the battery to lose contact for a split second. Then it's advancing to next setting. Maybe

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The recoil could be jarring the battery to lose contact for a split second. Then it's advancing to next setting. Maybe
I think that thermal guy is correct.

I wish my brain could automatically advance to the next setting when it loses contact when I get jarred by the recoil of modern life.

Lights that are designed to be mounted on stuff that recoils have spring contacts on both the anode and cathode of the battery to prevent that from happening.

jackinthedark

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. The flashlight is an Rigid Industries RI-800. Not a lot of specific info about them on the website. I'm positive most every shot was changing it and was hoping of a way to change or make it a single setting, who even needs the flashes.

jrgold

Enlightened
I'm assuming you're using a protected battery? They are a little longer. Maybe try a battery bumper or 5mm spacer. Oveready has them on their site. Take a good look at your light before buying to see if they would fit

jackinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I'm assuming you're using a protected battery? They are a little longer. Maybe try a battery bumper or 5mm spacer. Oveready has them on their site. Take a good look at your light before buying to see if they would fit
I'll give that a shot. Thanks