Imalent        
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021

Thread: The LLLL's

Default Re: The LLLL's

I don't want to take this thread too far off target, but I think we just take for granted our flashlight/battery knowledge. Most people are just clueless how dangerous some of this stuff can be. We are a unique group. I think we forget the rules are more for the masses without our knowledge making it easy for us to complain about what seems like a silly rule.

Amazing how far technology has come. One of my SHTF modules is an original M61LLL from 7-8 years ago. Used alone, the cool, low cr-i beam seems almost normal after a few seconds. And it puts out no more light, to my eyes, then the beautiful LLLL V2 from dot's group buy that just came in the mail. So same output at half the current draw with wonderful tint and cr-i. These are the good old days...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

My LLLL V2s have arrived safely in the UK (thank you, dot!) and they've gone straight into use.

One is in a somewhat ridiculous 9P+A14+A14 configuration running eneloops, and the other either in a 3P or a beater 6P. The output level reminds me very much of using some of the old SureFire LED models from back in the day, only with a much nicer tint and extraordinarily improved runtime!
    Currently looking for: SureFire E1W, 6PX 9/11. Any rare/old/unusual SureFires!

4 AA’s in that 9p?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Yep - the A14 isn't a perfect match for an AA cell so I had to make a little spacer to get reliable contact.

Running 2xAA in the 9P alone would probably be fine, and adding a single A14 would be more sensible...but it's just fun having a SureFire the length of a 3D Maglite...
    Currently looking for: SureFire E1W, 6PX 9/11. Any rare/old/unusual SureFires!

Oh I get where you’re coming from.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest UK View Post
    My LLLL V2s have arrived safely in the UK (thank you, dot!) and they've gone straight into use.

One is in a somewhat ridiculous 9P+A14+A14 configuration running eneloops, and the other either in a 3P or a beater 6P. The output level reminds me very much of using some of the old SureFire LED models from back in the day, only with a much nicer tint and extraordinarily improved runtime!

I never thought of adding another A14 to my 9P, shit I gotta do that now! I have my 4K4Lv2 in a 9P w/ z32 with two mostly-drained L91s, still getting around 9 lumens. A14 should be nice to add!
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Lumens factory host work real good as well with a couple of adapters. 😂

Nice!

Flashaholic*

G3 with Cryos looks well balanced 👍

Thanks. It allows me to run some full power Dropins and not get to hot.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021